How do I cut outline only? Print 2 cut

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
KeyWestKelly

How do I cut outline only? Print 2 cut

Post by KeyWestKelly »

I am having a terrible time trying to figure out how to cut only the outline without having to manually delete every piece of each layer. I am doing print-2-cut and have the layers window open, go to cut & break apart the layers but then there are hundreds I have to go through. The has to be an easier way. I'm beyond frustrated & need this done by Wednesday! Please help a newbie out! :?
Here's the image. Also what can I do to when it says the registration marks are off the page?
Attachments
stickers.jpg
stickers.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 5882 times
KeyWestKelly

Re: How do I cut outline only? Print 2 cut

Post by KeyWestKelly »

Oh my goodness!!! The image is ginormous!!!! :oops:
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

For the message image is off the page, your image is too close to the border of the mat and there will not be enough room to print the registration marks. Move your image further away from the outer edges of the mat.

To print just the outline of the image, open your layers panel (windows - layers). The panel shows up on the right hand side of your screen. Close the layer by clicking on the eye of the layers you do not want to cut. What will cut is the remaining layer -- or your outline that is still has the open eye.
Sandy in PA
KeyWestKelly

Post by KeyWestKelly »

Awesome. I'll give it a try. Thanks!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You broke apart, and now right click on the scallop outline and hide it...drag cursor around all else and go to Object Group, then Object and Show All... now in layers click the one eye by that new GROUP. You should have that and the scalloped outline...and now only the outline is there showing...you can copy paste this and keep it separate somewhere and put your image back as it was.

OR more simply...break apart...click on scallop and copy paste(right click copy...right click paste)...voila

I made it more than necessary above...heee heee
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
KeyWestKelly

Post by KeyWestKelly »

Sooooo copy the 2 scalloped outlines & paste them onto a separate page? I did that & it seems like it will work but noting will print? I've tried restarting my computer & everything. I can print form other programs, email & safari so it's something within eCal. I am pulling me hair out! It goes through all of the steps but just never prints it?
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I bumped another post by soulsisterd that might have the answer...not sure.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=30668

See if there is any info in this post above.

Have you tried exporting the image for a .png(change the drop-down for the type of file to save) and then use FILE and PLACE the picture image to print? That may be another way.
KeyWestKelly

Post by KeyWestKelly »

No I haven't. I'm kinda confused. Where to I export it to?
Thanks for bumping that other post gj1
KeyWestKelly

Post by KeyWestKelly »

Awesome. Gonna try that as soon as I get home. Thanks so much for responding before I rip all my hair out!