SCAL freezing

For your help and questions
Tina 1

SCAL freezing

Post by Tina 1 »

Is anyone else having problems with SCAL freezing up? It always seems to happen after I move an object or word. It goes into a perpetual updating and never stops. I can't click on anything. I usually have to close and restart the program and loose everthing I was working on. Any suggestions?
Tina
cjbarclay

Re: SCAL freezing

Post by cjbarclay »

I have been having the same problem. Then when I reopen SCAL it tells me that I didn't close it properly and should it reopen the last file. If I press yes, then it takes me back to the same place I was before and I can continue working. It is very frustrating.
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

The freezing problem seems to happen when you are working on a file for a long time and then try to move part of it. Same thing happens to me when I use Inkscape. I have learned that I need to save the file often while I'm working on it so that I don't loose everything if it freezes.

Another thing that helps is if you have Windows Vista change it to run in XP compatability mode. Since I changed SCAL to run in XP mode it freezes far less often than it used too.

Or you can use the nudge keys to move objects which will avoid the freezing problem.
KMCROTON

SCAL freezing

Post by KMCROTON »

Deloris wrote:The freezing problem seems to happen when you are working on a file for a long time and then try to move part of it. Same thing happens to me when I use Inkscape. I have learned that I need to save the file often while I'm working on it so that I don't loose everything if it freezes.

Another thing that helps is if you have Windows Vista change it to run in XP compatability mode. Since I changed SCAL to run in XP mode it freezes far less often than it used too.

Or you can use the nudge keys to move objects which will avoid the freezing problem.
I have version 2.044 and am having the same problem. Could you please tell me where I go to change it to Windows Vista XP compatability mode?

Thank you for your help.

Kate
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You have the SCAL scissors logo on your desktop, I assume...right click on your mouse over it, and then left click on Properties at the bottom and there is a Compatibility tab to click on and check the box for what you want to do. HTH
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

You should deactivate it first since for some reason the Vista activation isn't recognized in XP compatibility mode. Then once you change to XP mode you can re-activate it.

Here's a CraftEdge tutorial on how to change to XP compatibility mode. http://www.craftedge.com/products/xpmode.html