SCAL 3.030 + Inkscape Send to SCAL Plugin

Things we need you to know
Louise-Paisley

SCAL 3.030 + Inkscape Send to SCAL Plugin

Post by Louise-Paisley »

Not sure if its already been mentioned as not had time to keep up on the forum, but just in case not..

SCAL 3.030 is out which has some bug fixes, it now imports bitmaps embedded in SVG's (still a little bit buggy though) and enables you to send an SVG directly from Inkscape to SCAL to cut by going to Extensions->Export->Send To Sure Cuts A Lot 3

You need to install the Inkscape plugin to do this..

PC - http://www.craftedge.com/bin/SCAL3_InkscapePlugin.exe

Mac - http://www.craftedge.com/bin/SCAL3_InkscapePlugin.zip

Once you install the plugin you can design your file in inkscape and select the export option to send it to SCAL to cut without all that saving and importing nonsense - very, very, VERY pleased to see this
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Penny Duncan

Re: SCAL 3.030 + Inkscape Send to SCAL Plugin

Post by Penny Duncan »

Yeppers...have been using it for several days now and it is WONDERFUL!!!! Brandon will be posting it on the Craftedge page...just hasn't done it yet...It makes it SUPER SUPER SUPER simple to send a file to SCAL3......Brandon flat out ROCKS I tell ya!!!!
Louise-Paisley

Re: SCAL 3.030 + Inkscape Send to SCAL Plugin

Post by Louise-Paisley »

I contacted him about a plugin version quite some time ago, I created an inkscape plugin to send the file across but SCAL was unable to automatically open it.

But Brandon has put together an automatic plugin install file which is much better than messing about installing mine manually.. Now I just need to figure out how to remove mine again because I have two send to signcuts LOL
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial