Unsure about vinyl

Mystariea

Re: Unsure about vinyl

Post by Mystariea »

I am also new to vinyl and was scared to put out the money and not have it work. When I called the sign company they actually gave me their scraps for FREE! The scraps were nice sized too! I think the smallest was 10x12 and they gave me alot. The negative is you don't get to choose the colors but I got about 8 different colors. I also bought my transfer paper from them for $1 a square foot!
BRichardson

Post by BRichardson »

I order from Expressions Vinyl. I want 12x12 sheet vinyl because I don't cut large quantities and I like their color selection and excellent service.

Be sure to sign up before you order. You get 10% coupon in a email - worth it! They also have specials a lot, so it is good to follow them on Facebook and get emails from them.

Great tutorial videos on their site also.
Windows 7 Silhouette Cameo SCAL3 3.046
louietw

Post by louietw »

check out h & h sign supply. you can buy 12 x 12 sheet 12 x 24 or by the yard. They also have a mix and match 5 pack to try. I have used the heat press vinyl and they are right it does cut smooth. I use 3, 3, 3 setting and it works just fine. Make sure you put the vinyl side up and then weeding will be much easier. I have done t-shirts, glasses, and have enough for stickers for my car windows, but haven't cut them yet. I also used contact paper to practice with, but it doesn't cut as clean as the real stuff.
KellyJoRN

Post by KellyJoRN »

PC vinyl is the Oracle 631.... If the craft store has a color I don't already have, I use my coupon. The retail price for the PC vinyl is approx. 9.99 With a coupon, it's pretty cheap. My cousin just started working for a sign company and is sending me their scraps. I just have to pay the postage.

You are definitely not alone when it comes to tossing your fear aside and diving in. I have been cutting vinyl for a few years, and I still do my initial cut on paper to make sure everything comes out the way I want it......especially the size. I use the ugly (my opinion) paper that I will never use and/or the ugly cardstock I will never use. :)

A few years back, Lowe's was getting rid of all of their Wall Pops vinyl.....The borders and the 12x12 sheets for a dollar. I stocked up...bought everything they had....The color selection was not the best, but no complaints here.
I love this forum! Everyone is very helpful and will share pretty much any files you may want. Just ask.
I have posted many of my "kreations" on my blog....I will share any file that I have.
Have a GREAT weekend....toss your fears aside.....You will be so happy you did. Then you will wonder why you had not started sooner.

Kelly
www.kellyjoskreations.com