new tutorial

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
susibi

new tutorial

Post by susibi »

Hi from Italy my name is Susi and I'm a crafter running my own small business. Owner of several types of electronic cutters and great fan of Inkscape since I started using it in Jan 2006 - this little program has done so much for owners of ROBOs and Wishblades and now it comes into its own again with Cricut and SCAL.
Todd has very generously hosted my tutorial in pictures on how to make a basic .svg file and cut it on your Cricut - it's on the products page.
Hope you find it useful. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand explanations and you can see how things should turn out - not knocking trad tutorials at all as without them I certainly wouldn't be where I am now - but some people learn quicker with pix.
Susibi :D
plg1117

Re: new tutorial

Post by plg1117 »

Excellent tutorial!
susan

Post by susan »

Thank you love it
AmyWhite

Post by AmyWhite »

Your directions are very clear. Thank you so much for sharing that.
Amy
Last edited by AmyWhite on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ann55w

Post by ann55w »

i went to products page and couldnt find it?
Ann W
susibi

Post by susibi »

if you scroll down the page the link is highlighted
HTH
Susibi :D
ailina

Post by ailina »

Great news! I downloaded Inkscape last night ... haven't had time to play yet, this is very timely. I will have a look when I have finished here.
Irene
Nellyphant

Post by Nellyphant »

Excellent tutorial. Thank you very much.

I too hope they add centimetres. I can't work in inches and get very frustrated!
susibi

Post by susibi »

When in January 2006 we started using Inkscape thanks to Michelle from Paperthreads, it was a fascinating journey of learning and experimenting - and we've gone from basic to wow and there are now some Inkscape users who make the most fantastic templates.
On the UKScrappers site there are also many tuts for different Inkscape techniques including my basic Inkscape in pictures which takes you through welding, making mats, frames, monograms , number tiles, word edged cards and welding shapes- it was made for craft ROBO so instead of saving as .dxf save as .svg but once the basic techniques have been mastered you can do anything including lattice or trellis work.
The most important thing is to have fun - learn something and pass it on!
Susi :D :D :D
susibi

Post by susibi »

BTT for newbies