Sizzix Eclips help please *resolved with customer service*

jazzyscrapper

Sizzix Eclips help please *resolved with customer service*

Post by jazzyscrapper »

Yesterday I was going to try my new stamp2cut cartridge. When I turned on my machine, it is newer so I am not too familiar with it, and found the image I wanted to cut. Somehow I managed to turn on the laser, not sure how, but then opened the keypad and hit the load/unload and something else, ok maybe 2 something else's I am not too patient. Now the machine is acting awful the cutter part shows the laser on then goes all the way over to the right then proceeds to just bang against that side. I have tried to take out the cartridge, turn off the machine, unplug the machine (even overnight) hit the button on the right with the curved arrow that is supposed to be escape.
I am at a total loss what to do to get this to reset. I have googled reset and looked through the dvd manual to no avail.
Has anyone figured out how to reset this machine? I have emailed Sizzix and will call them if I get home from work before they close tomorrow but was hoping to get this resolved sooner.
Thanks for any help!
Last edited by jazzyscrapper on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papasue

Re: Sizzix Eclips help please

Post by papasue »

Hi, since you are using a cartridge and not eCAL it is hard for us to diagnose the problem and not many of us use cartridges. Do you have eCAL and if so does the eclips work with it?

Perhaps someone will come along today with a better answer.

Sorry for your problem, we all feel the frustration of not being able to make it work.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
jazzyscrapper

Post by jazzyscrapper »

Thanks Susan I have Ecal but have not used it yet.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Jazzy, can you try eCAL to see if it works? This would give you a clue as to whether it is the eclips that is not working properl if you can cut an eCAL file.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
jazzyscrapper

Post by jazzyscrapper »

I will wait for support as I can't even turn on the machine without it banging on the right side. I really messed it up that is for sure. I will come back and post what they tell me.
Thanks though
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Look in the roller area and make sure there are not any pieces of paper stuck in that area.

Take a "dry" q-tip and wipe of the sensor at the left rear of the machine. DO NOT USE LIQUID. The sensor is a small black piece.
Sandy in PA
jazzyscrapper

Post by jazzyscrapper »

Thanks Sandy I will try that.
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

Just curious on whether you were able to solve your problem or whether eClips customer service could help you. It helps others on the forum to know what happens so if the issues comes up again, there is some advice to be given.
Sandy in PA
jazzyscrapper

Post by jazzyscrapper »

They tried to trouble shoot over the phone but it still didn't work. They said that when I shut the machine off it should have reset. There are also 2 red reset buttons inside that sometimes stick, important to note for next time. I am sending the machine back to them and they are sending me out a new machine in replace of it.
Great customer service!
sstehman

Re: Sizzix Eclips help please *resolved with customer servic

Post by sstehman »

Glad it was resolved and you are getting a replacement machine. They have awesome customer service.
Sandy in PA