SCAL on silhouette cameo

For your help and questions
weagle117@yahoo.com

SCAL on silhouette cameo

Post by weagle117@yahoo.com »

Can anyone tell me how to get SCAL to work with my Silhouette Cameo. I also have a Cricut - I have not updated anything so I can continue to use SCAL with it. I believe that means I have SCAL 2.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: SCAL on silhouette cameo

Post by sstehman »

I don't have the Cameo, but there shouldn't be anything for you to do other than to hook your computer up to the cutter and click the cut button. If you have SCAL1 there would not be any updates available to you. If you have SCAL2 you can check for the most current update which I believe is 2.044 AND for free you can update to SCAL3 at this link....

http://www.craftedge.com/purchase/craft ... grade3.php
Sandy in PA
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

You can maintain your SCAL 2 to continue to cut with your Cricut.

But for you Silhouette to work, I believe you need SCAL 3.

You can have SCAL 2 and SCAL 3 on your computer, SCAL 3 will not overwrite SCAL 2.

You may need to contact support to get your correct activation code.
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

I'm running with a Cricut using SCAL 2 and a Cameo using SCAL 3. The two versions live next to each other quite comfortably.
SCAL 3 is a free upgrade, so just download and install it.

- Jasen.
scrapaddict62

Post by scrapaddict62 »

Can we move our images out of my Silhouette library of images and transform them using SCAL3? If so, how is this done?
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Both programs will import svg files no problem. If you have saved a project as a scut2 file in SCAL2, then you can change the scut2 to scut3, and then open it in SCAL3 (and vice versa).
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

scrapaddict62 wrote:Can we move our images out of my Silhouette library of images and transform them using SCAL3? If so, how is this done?
Once a file is .studio file the Silhouette Studio software (current version) does not allow you save the file as an svg. You could do a screen shot of the file, and then open SCAL and trace the image, but usually you lose some of the quality of the file.

BUT, if you can find the Silhouette Studio versions 1.9 or 2.0, those versions which were released as legal copies of SS, those two versions would allow you to save as an svg file. There could be a concern with running two versions on one computer, but if you have ONE computer dedicated to just that older version of SS, that may work.