Help is anyone getting cut line across the cardstock

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Help is anyone getting cut line across the cardstock

Post by sstehman »

Did a cut today and got the extra cut lines....HOWEVER...my blade holder was set at #4. I readjusted to #3 and got a perfect cut. Those still having problems, check the setting on your blade holder.

I am showing a picture of what cut perfectly at #3 which is a doily from SVG Cuts (they are new on their site and I really like the look of them.) The other one is the same file, but I cancelled when I saw the lines, made the adjustment and perfect cut.
Attachments
DoilySVGCutsExtraCutLines.jpg
DoilySVGCutsExtraCutLines.jpg (24.07 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
DoilySVGCutsPerfectCut.jpg
DoilySVGCutsPerfectCut.jpg (38.75 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
Sandy in PA
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

I cut everything with the blade at 3, if I cut at 2 it won't cut the heavy cardstock in one pass.

I just got an email from sizzix and they think it's a faulty machine, I can return it.... but have to contact the seller.
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

I'm going to eat my shoes.. :D Have been making test cuts all afternoon and I don't think it's the machine. It cut's very fine with the blade at #2 and some more pressure, also with the blade at #3 but lowering the pressure, and it cuts very well from the cartridges, not one bad cut or extra cut all afternoon. The only times I get extra cuts is with the blade at #3 and using the standart settings for speed and pressure. So I think it is in the settings or the bladeholder... I'm gonna do some more testing in the next days before I start to return the machine.
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Sounds like you are making progress. Maybe contact Sizzix and give them that information b4 sending back.
Sandy in PA
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

Wow I did a doily also, paper was a bit to thin but it cut great, I love this machine !
Attachments
doily.jpg
doily.jpg (61.86 KiB) Viewed 4443 times
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
ScrappyKat

Post by ScrappyKat »

Oh ladies, those doilies are so beautiful! My new Eclips is due to be delivered tomorrow! I don't think I'll be able to sleep!
MonRyan

Post by MonRyan »

Yep, I get this too every once in a while. I have been having issues with this darn machine and it is getting me angry to say the least!
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

I think it is in the standard settings within ecal, playing with the settings (speed and pressure) might help
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

I did get along for some time without extra cuts, but yesterday while cutting a file from svgcuts.com I got extra cuts again,
it's more like scoring lines but in a place were they don't belong. Blade was set at #3 pressure at #4.
I think I'm going to contact the seller on monday..... :(
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
sandmar15

Post by sandmar15 »

I found that when I set the blade at 4 or the pressure at 4 I would get the cut lines and like you said they where more like score lines. Set at 3 cut great but needed 4 for thicker cardstock. I contacted sizzix and they where great. At first we though it was the blade housing but it wasn't. They sent me a new machine. Prepaid for the old machine to be sent back. If I were you I would contact them. That was almost a year ago and I have been cutting ever since. I love my eclipes.