Willy Wonka Font

Share your favorite fonts to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
DesignedbyFaye

Willy Wonka Font

Post by DesignedbyFaye »

Does anyone have this font? Tried to download it twice tonight with no luck opening it in my SCAL. Yes its on my computer and yes it is a true font file, now what? Thanks
lowcarbgirl

Re: Willy Wonka Font

Post by lowcarbgirl »

I had that problem with another font - susanbluerobot was checking it for me - the one I was having problems with was one she had on her blog. It did exactly what yours is doing.
Marly

Post by Marly »

Faye, I just downloaded it and it is bringing it up in SCAL for me. Do you have the font listed in your Windows Fonts Folder? At first I extracted the font to my Windows Fonts but it did not actually put it in there. I had to copy and paste it directly to the Windows folder. That is when it came up for me in SCAL. Cool font with the hats!
Willy Wonka font.jpg
Willy Wonka font.jpg (25.2 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
DesignedbyFaye

Post by DesignedbyFaye »

Marly,
Thanks tried this before going to work this am. It is sooooo cute. A friend bought a Yaris and she calls is her Wonka Car, so I am making a license plate with Wonka Car.

I do appreciate your help, thanks again.
sixsensationalkids

Post by sixsensationalkids »

Marly, how did you copy and paste it to your windows fonts. I'm having trouble opening fonts. Wondering if this would help?
Marly

Post by Marly »

sixsensationalkids wrote:Marly, how did you copy and paste it to your windows fonts. I'm having trouble opening fonts. Wondering if this would help?

When I download a font, sometimes it has to be 'unzipped'. When your font is displayed as .ttf right click on it, copy, then open C:\WINDOWS\Fonts and right click anywhere in that folder and click paste. This Windows Fonts is the folder SCAL or Inkscape searches when you are selecting a font.