Png files not tracing correctly or crash eCal

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
mommabird52

Png files not tracing correctly or crash eCal

Post by mommabird52 »

I have noticed sometimes my png files will trace while other times they do not, and even crash the software. I can take the same image and save it as jpg, and it traces fine. Most of my png files have transparency, but can't figure why they sometimes work, and sometimes do not! Anyone else experiencing this?
Butterfly

Re: Png files not tracing correctly or crash eCal

Post by Butterfly »

BTT
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
papasue

Post by papasue »

mommabird52 wrote:I have noticed sometimes my png files will trace while other times they do not, and even crash the software. I can take the same image and save it as jpg, and it traces fine. Most of my png files have transparency, but can't figure why they sometimes work, and sometimes do not! Anyone else experiencing this?
Which version of SCAL are you using? Did you check to see the file size in KB of the files that do not work? Sometimes really large file can crash or not load depending on the version of SCAl or the OS you are using. Please add this info and we will try and help.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

If a file is causing the program to crash, please send a copy of the image to support@craftedge.com so we can check it out
mommabird52

Post by mommabird52 »

First I will try to reduce file size, and if it continues to crash, will send to support. Size does not seem to matter with jpgs though, so I have been saving as jpg instead of png. Most I have been going to Inkspace and creating svg files.