Just got a Cameo

General discussion about scrapbooking
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Just got a Cameo

Post by jasenj1 »

:D :D My new Cameo arrived tonight!

I wasn't very impressed with the "out of the box" experience. The manual is not very good at walking you through getting the machine set up. But once I got it cutting, it cuts!

I used SCAL 3 with it. When I tried to use "Test Cut" in SCAL 3, it crashed. :(

I haven't had a chance to do any print & cut with it yet - the reason I bought it. I plan to get to that tomorrow.

Hooray for new toys!

- Jasen.
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Re: Just got a Cameo

Post by DogCarbon »

HURRAY for YOU! I so remember your frustation with the E and trying to do PnC.

I too have ordered a Cameo, it should arrive tomorrow!

Maybe we can work together to get them up and running!
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

Up and running. Getting it going wasn't too bad, but for a complete newbie it could be frustrating. Not enough EXTREMELY clear hand-holding on how to install the blade. The instructions are basically, "make sure the blade is in all the way".

Anyway. Here's my first PnC. I used the same SVG file I had made before for use on the Cricut. Template cut perfectly using registration marks. Hooray!

- Jasen.
Pink Rommy with Cameo.jpg
Pink Rommy with Cameo.jpg (132.82 KiB) Viewed 8875 times
gj1

Post by gj1 »

So glad for you...and the info...you are going to have some fun and less frustration...please continue to show your projects. I love to look at them.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

very nice PnC Jasen!
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

Check out this forum for Cameo users:

http://s15.zetaboards.com/Silhouette_Plus/index/

Lots of experienced users there that can answer your questions about how to do things with the Cameo and free cutting files.