Help with choosing new cutting machine

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Help with choosing new cutting machine

Post by sstehman »

eClips and eCal software bundle is $273 directly from CE. Cartridges from my research are about $23 (but you do not need one). Only need the one that comes with the machine to be plugged in. Can use svgs and eCAL only if you wish. CE and Sizzix have developed a relationship so there should not be future software/manufacturer issues as with the other group.
Sandy in PA
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

lovemycatkellar wrote: Sizzix...cartridges again? How much of a pain is this? How much do they run? How is this escalate compared to regular scal? $299?
Ecraft...why is this machine so inexpensive? No mat, that is a dream. But what stabilizes it? $349?
Silhouette cameo...is this the same as silhouette SD? Why not this one, it seems like a winner? $399?
I don't know where you're getting $399 for the Cameo. Oh My Crafts has it for $270 plus a coupon code for 20% off which brings the price to $216.
And they have the eclips on sale for $260 plus the coupon makes the price $208.

- Jasen.
lovemycatkellar

Post by lovemycatkellar »

jasenj1 wrote:I don't know where you're getting $399 for the Cameo. Oh My Crafts has it for $270 plus a coupon code for 20% off which brings the price to $216.
And they have the eclips on sale for $260 plus the coupon makes the price $208.

- Jasen.
Well, here is where I got the price for the eClips: http://www.paperthreads.com/bonus/paper ... 12008.html

I now have found it is cheaper, a thousand pardens please. And who knows where I found the other price, i think on something in a post here but it may have been old before the price came down.

Thanks for the tip to OhMyCrafts!
Melody from Alabama
lovemycatkellar

Post by lovemycatkellar »

I am sorry, I can not find the 20% off coupon code for the eClips with eCal on ohmycrafts? Can someone float me a link please? They have it priced for $279.99 (awesome), does it take 20% off of that? Or is it better to do free shipping? If so, where is that code as well?
Is this the best price for it anywhere with the eCal included? And I do not want refurbished, don't get me started on my refurbished Dyson vaccuum cleaner!
Thanks, Melody
Melody from Alabama
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

The coupon code is on their site. The code is JAN20 worth 20% off for orders over $100.

Their site is http://www.ohmycrafts.com/
Sandy in PA
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

you get free shipping in the US only.. I checked this out before.. I think it sux.. With our crappy Canadian dollar, cost to ship and then taxes?? It would cost me well over 400 bucks.. :S
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Just clarifying a comment I read above where it said for the eclips you needed the cartridge to run eCAL. This is NOT the case. The cartridges for the eclips are placed into the remote that runs the machine. However, if you are using eCAL, you completely unplug the remote and plug the machine into your computer instead. You don't need to purchase any cartridges at all in order to use it. Once it is plugged into your computer, you run it with the eCAL software using all of your computer fonts and svg files. It's an incredible machine!

Happy cutting!
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

Thank you for that clarification. Did not know that. Had one to play with a little and thought that cartridge had to be in. That is even better. I hope to have one soon of my own.
Sandy in PA
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I bought the Silhouette Cameo and I LOVE IT! Wow - it works wonderful! The Print & Cut is amazingly easy.

Thanks for your help!
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

Glad to hear you're happy. I believe the Cameo has the best Print & Cut of any of the cutters. The eclips does some unique things, too - cutting & scoring. It's nice to see the selection of quality machines going up, and they seem to be finding niches to differentiate themselves. And make people want to buy more than one! :lol:

- Jasen.