problem with using my own image

btsave

problem with using my own image

Post by btsave »

I have a picture of a rifle that i am trying to cut out but it is not working well. Does anyone know if the weld will work on such an image? I have never used a forum before so i have no idea what i am doing sorry if i am not clear.
Attachments
Rifl4.gif
Rifl4.gif (2.88 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
pastda3

Re: problem with using my own image

Post by pastda3 »

I'm more comfortable doing my work in Inkscape than SCAL. I traced, and cleaned up a couple of lines. I've attached an svg for your use. I hope this helps.
rifle_rs.jpg
rifle_rs.jpg (13.14 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
Attachments
rifle_rs.svg
(5.52 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
btsave

Post by btsave »

Still having problems with this. Let me start once more.
Here is what I would like to accomplish i want to take the rifle image and save it to my computer where Sure Cuts A Lot program can cut it out with my Cricut. When I try to import or paste the image, I cannot seem to bring it into SCAL...
What am I doing wrong?
I've asked my husband for help, as he knows computers, but he professes no understanding at all about SCAL!
HELP!

Audrey in FL
gj1

Post by gj1 »

http://www.craftedge.com/tutorials/tutorials.php#8

This tutorial may help you to get started. The image as a .jpg or a .gif can be 'traced' and made into an .svg or .scut file for cutting...OR, you can import the .svg which was made for you, above, and just import to cut.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
btsave

Post by btsave »

Yeah, finally got it to work, now I will have rifles for my daughters scrapbook!
Thank You all for your help, I am so grateful!