New cutter to use with SCAL or stay with Original Cricut?

For your help and questions
lovemycatkellar

New cutter to use with SCAL or stay with Original Cricut?

Post by lovemycatkellar »

I just found out about SCAL (been in a cave apparently). I want it! I have the 6 x 12 Original Cricut (OC). I read around here and it looks like I might be a few weeks to late to get in on the SCAL for my current cutter due to Provo changes to firmware (i have never updated a thing on mine since getting it in 2005!).

1. Is there a way to go with my current cutter to get/use SCAL?
2. Should I sell my OC and get a whole new cutter system, then get SCAL?
3. If I sell (need help to get $ for new stuff) and get new, which is best for long term cause I dont move on with technology too often? I would like to do things a little bigger than 6 x 12 but that is not a deal breaker. Not looking to start a vinyl business but would like to do wall vinyls and label the entire house, lol!
4. Also, I live in a small town, but we do have a HobLob so maybe I should look at what I can get there? However, it is only a 30 minutes drive to bigger stores.

Thanks Bunches and Merry Christmas!
Melody
Rachell

Re: New cutter to use with SCAL or stay with Original Cricut

Post by Rachell »

If you don't already have scal then yes it is to late to purchase it as it is no longer sold to work with the cricut machine and it can not be sent out either sorry to have to inform you , as there are no other 3 party products outh there that will work with the cricut machines they have all been pulled from the market due to Provo craft and their greed. I would strongly suggest you look for a new machine that will work with this software and if you go to their site here in the link it will tell you more about which cutters will work. I own three machine that work they are the gazelle, the uscutters MH-871 and I think the best one is the BlackCat Cougar cutters, and I will Share the link to the US dealer- http://thatsscrapinc.com/blackcatcutters.aspx
and yes while they are more expensive they are of industial quaility and professional use.