New Cricut work with my SCAL 2 version

Things we need you to know
mac435

New Cricut work with my SCAL 2 version

Post by mac435 »

If i buy a new Provo Craft Cricut Expression will it work with my Sure cuts a lot 2?
papasue

Re: New Cricut work with my SCAL 2 versionn

Post by papasue »

NO, ProvoCraft stopped SCAL from distributing what they considered competing software.so no SCAL for any ProvoCraft machine unless you already own SCAL and can backdate the Cricut firmware to the last version of SCAL.

See http://CraftEdge.com for a list of the cutters you can use with SCAL. or contact CraftEdge support for more information.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
mac435

Post by mac435 »

I have the old version of SCAL 2 I am just wondering if it will work witha new Cricut Expression??
papasue

Post by papasue »

Your new E comes with new firmware in the software. SCAL needs an old firmware version. If you can find the firmware vs of yourbExpressions CraftEdge support can tell you if it will work.

Here is the latest version of PC firmware that will work with SCAL2

You are the only person who can change the firmware on your Cricut Personal Cutter, Create, Expression, Cake or Cake Mini. This can only be done by deliberately using the update firmware feature in the older Cricut Design Studio or the new Cricut CraftRoom software programs.
If you're happily using SCAL then there is no need to update your Cricut firmware beyond the versions listed below. Keep in mind these are the highest supported firmware version numbers. If yours is a little less, don't worry.
Personal Cutter: 1.34
Create: 1.54
Cake Mini: 1.54
Expression: 2.35
Cake: 2.35
To check your Cricut firmware, just turn it on and watch the display. Depending on the model, you will see something like v.1.3 or v. 1.54 or v.2.3 or v.2.34, etc.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I won't work with the expression 2, but it should work with a regular expression.
paydaymom

Post by paydaymom »

I just got a new laptop & installed my old ECW 2 on it to work with my cricut crease but the software shows only York v1.5 and my cricut create shows v1.54. Will I still be able to update SCAL2 and it work b/c I don't know how to take the cricut back?
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

I just went through trying to figure out if I should/have to upgrade our Cricut Expression's firmware to use with Cricut CraftRoom. Unfortunately, there are lots of bits and pieces of information which did not clear things up for me. Here's a summary of what I learned.

Cricuct CraftRoom (as of January 2012) wants to upgrade the Cricut Expression firmware to version 2.43.
SCAL 2 verision 2.044 will work with this version of the firmware. I cannot say whether earlier versions will or won't, but there are reports that earlier versions do not.

SCAL only lets you choose firmware version up to 2.3x when you go to cut. Just choose 2.3x.

I hope this helps.

- Jasen.
nurse2003

Post by nurse2003 »

is it possible to back up a cricut update to an older version, my accidentally got updated to 1.54 and won't work with SCAL 2 anymore unless I can make it go back to 1.51....
gj1

Post by gj1 »

In this post above...it states that 1.54 for the Create will work...perhaps you just need to go through the unplug replug everything and also make sure no other programs are open at the same time as scal. Open scal and then turn on your cutter and listen for the recognition ding and then go from there.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Vivianamm2012

Post by Vivianamm2012 »

papasue wrote:Your new E comes with new firmware in the software. SCAL needs an old firmware version. If you can find the firmware vs of yourbExpressions CraftEdge support can tell you if it will work.

Here is the latest version of PC firmware that will work with SCAL2

You are the only person who can change the firmware on your Cricut Personal Cutter, Create, Expression, Cake or Cake Mini. This can only be done by deliberately using the update firmware feature in the older Cricut Design Studio or the new Cricut CraftRoom software programs.
If you're happily using SCAL then there is no need to update your Cricut firmware beyond the versions listed below. Keep in mind these are the highest supported firmware version numbers. If yours is a little less, don't worry.
Personal Cutter: 1.34
Create: 1.54
Cake Mini: 1.54
Expression: 2.35
Cake: 2.35
To check your Cricut firmware, just turn it on and watch the display. Depending on the model, you will see something like v.1.3 or v. 1.54 or v.2.3 or v.2.34, etc.
Hi, I have a personal cutter with 1.0 v........SCAL2 is not cutting , it shows "an error ocurred while trying to cut", I am thinking that it could be the firmware but could be something else that I don't know. If I update right know, it would be 1.34v................will it work with SCAL2???? My SCAL says that it has to be 1.2 or 1.3 to work but 1.34v is the same as 1.3v???? thanks for any help!!!