Who pays for SVG files?

Share items and files that help with SCAL projects
Roxy Longstone

Who pays for SVG files?

Post by Roxy Longstone »

I have been a part of the SVG world for just a few week's now and I have to say I love creating them. One one of the reason's I started doing this was because all the cute one's I found had to be paid for.
I have bought many files from creators, but I was just wondering how many of you pay for files from designers on the web?
Like to hear feedback
Thank u
pastda3

Re: Who pays for SVG files?

Post by pastda3 »

I have only purchased svgs twice. That was only because I couldn't make them myself. I have on occasion made donations, but probably not as often as I should. :oops:
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

no, I usually don't pay. I create my own or use others that are willing to share freely.

Except for Lettering Delights... I love their svg's and other files... I am adicted to their stuff.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I like to make my own files(even if they are a spin off of something else I have seen...therein lies the challenge for me to make it too), and have shared all of them over the years, so in that way I feel that if I receive another free file from someone, for my own crafting project, that I have given back. However, mostly I use the files that I make, and just collect the free files of others for no reason at all....other than I admire the work...like collecting great baseball cards...it had become an addiction of sorts....I am doing it less and less now though...lol....ALL of this is an addiction of sorts...from the files to the paper to all the embellishments.

I'm sorry, what was the question?...no, I don't pay for files when there are so many for free, and I share mine too, and I just do this for fun and not for any profit. IF, I were making things to sell then I would HAVE to purchase the files or be certain of the creators restrictions for use...but since I don't, I don't buy.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Ditto to most of the above. I have purchased a few from SVG cuts and Lettering Delights, but not much more. Penny Duncan is also a favorite. I know theirs are generally well designed and will cut well and I'm not so sure that is always the case from someones personal blog.
Sandy in PA
bookworm

Post by bookworm »

I TRIED to buy a file once. The seller (in Great Britain) had it in every imaginable file type except SCUT or SVG (the only two of any use to me at my experience level). I emailed twice asking if she'd convert it so I could purchase it, but never got an answer. :(
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

I have purchased some but have a lot of files that were freebies. The reason I don't purchase more is because almost all of them offered for sales are "CUTE". I don't do cute and am personally really sick of it. I would gladly purchase files from someone if they would design something that isn't CUTE! I even emailed LD asking them to find someone who will design them and they said they sent it out to their designers but the last I checked it had not changed.
Jan
gj1

Post by gj1 »

This made me laugh out loud for real!!! Tell us what you are 'hoping' to see? I loved your answer here...I am still smiling and lol.
Roxy Longstone

Post by Roxy Longstone »

LOL, Jan Do u have something in mind? Maybe i can design something for u.
Just let me know what your thinking .
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Sorry for being so blunt! It's just my style. They always say at work, "Jan tell us what you really think." Does anyone remember the beautiful set of wings that Sweetness did a while back? I would love a beautiful angel (or even just a face) to go with it! I would love just some medieval designs, I love anything with interesting positive and negative shapes. I challenge all of you designers out there to do a Christmas design that is NOT CUTE! and not too overdone. Big challenges to be sure but I took a digital design and traced it for my cards. (I also got a little help with it from a great guy who used to be a regular on this forum.) Honestly folks, anything you want just don't use big eyes and lolling tongues! :lol: :P :roll:
Jan