SGV files? I am confused!

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
Cynthia

SGV files? I am confused!

Post by Cynthia »

Can someone tell me what SGV files are and how they work with SCA? I am confused!
SJ5

Re: SGV files? I am confused!

Post by SJ5 »

I am no way an expert, but they are "Scaleable vector graphics" files which convert shapes into curves. That mean that you can (in theory) take any bitmap file (picture), convert it (using a programme like Inkscape) into .svg file and then in SCA import it and then cut it.

It means that you're not then limited to fonts and dingbats. You can also weld letters and other things using Inkscape - I've put instructions in the General section of this forum. As I say, I'm no expert, just worked out myself by trawling Google and footering (Scottish word for experimenting!) about a bit.

Hope this helps a wee bit.

SJ
lilgreykitty

Post by lilgreykitty »

I was confused too. That sounds way cool. I'm gonna have to try it.
mumsie

Post by mumsie »

i love that word -- FOOTERING! it's great. Is it long o as in BOOT, or short as in COOK?
""The measure of a woman's character is not what she gets from her ancestors, but what she leaves her descendants.""
SJ5

Post by SJ5 »

It's a short "oo"! Rather than experimenting, it really means mucking about a bit, not knowing what you're doing - in fact, just what I've been doing with Inkscape!

SJ
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

THanks...still sounds confusing to me so when I have time, I will give it a whirl!