Southwest All Stars

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Southwest All Stars

Post by Sweetness4713 »

AWww that's too bad.. BUT there is always next year :D
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

This is an old post, but I needed to post an update and let everybody know that I still make the Decals for this League. This my fifth year of doing these and each year I have come up with a new design. I have kept my price at $2.00 which is pretty cheap considering how much the Contact paper and the vinyl has gone up in price.
Todd
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Great going. Can you post the picture again. Would love to see it.
Sandy in PA
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

What a great community service you are doing for the kids and their families. I know my kids would LOVED to have something so personalized on the back of my car!

And a new design each year... yikes! But I would think after 8(or 10 or maybe 12) years or so, you would start recycling with your first design, and those parents/kids will all be newbies and never know! :lol:
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I finished and delivered 109 vinyl decals last night. I started on Sunday night with the artwork and I cut on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night. I used my E and the 12" mat and cut 4 at a time. Each sheet took 15 - 20 minutes to cut and another 15 minutes to weed. Not counting the goof ups, I cut 28 sheets. Adding up the hours, I would say it took me about 17 -20 hours to do everything. I used almost a full roll of Oracal plus an equal amount of contact paper. I also made JoAnn an insulated cup with the same design and her name as a gift for giving me the work. The cup was decorated with vinyl.
Todd
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

That's the part people who do not craft do not understand! The time involved can really get crazy and you rarely make any money under those circumstances but for you it was a labor of love! Well done!
Jan
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Todd,
I wish I could see the pictures. They must have been very excited waiting for the new design! I also agree with DogCarbon, great work for the community and how nice to have a personalized design.

I recently made 70 cards for a friend and I kept track of the time. An awful lot of time which doesn't include the time you take to buy the materials. $2.00 is for the fun to make nice things and the love you have for the League and the children.

soraya
SCAL 2 (cricut), SCAL 3 (Black Cat 15"), Windows 10
Rosie0530

Post by Rosie0530 »

Todd,
You have always had a generous heart, apparently not just on this board! Yea YOU!!!

talanhart

Post by talanhart »

This is my tenth year of making the decals for my Little League. This year they ordered 121 and yes, the price is still $2.00 each. After 10 years, my designs and fonts are easier to cut and weed. You learn after awhile what works and what doesn't. I do have to comment about something that I learned after all these years and I can't believe what a time saver it was. In the past I would put 8 decals in 1 SVG file and end up saving as many as 15 or 16 files. This year, I only had 4 files. 1 for each team with all the decals. I imported them all into SCAL 4 and then I would grab 8 at a time and cut and paste them into their own page. I used select all to grab the remaining decals and move them into view and then cut and paste again and again. I can't believe I never thought of this in the past. This probably saved me at least an hour if not more of time playing with the artworks. When I used my Cricut, it would take me 15 - 20 hours to cut and weed all the decals. With this new procedure and my Cameo, I was finished in 10 hours.
Todd
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Hi Todd. Can't believe you've been doing that for 10 years! Where has the time gone?

It's never too late to learn something new. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***