Dad's boat

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
raewyn64

Dad's boat

Post by raewyn64 »

Well it was a wet weekend here so I decided to use it to my advantage and have a play.
I haven't got SCAL full version but have got the trial version. I wanted to give it a good workout to see that I was happy with what it could do.
Anyway then I read on the Yahoo noticeboard about the ability to make .svg files. So I installed inkscape. Then I thought now what can I do? Well my father has a boat and has a drawing of the boat in .jpg format so I used that and converted it via inkscape into .svg files - I did one for each colour (sort of like how the Mickey Mouse Cricut cart works) and cut each one and put it together and this is the result.
And yes I know that the trial version does the 4 watermark cuts but I reduced the blade pressure to 1 until the cuts had been done and then was able to cut the pieces I wanted.
So I am so thrilled that I shall be buying the full version now.

Raewyn
Attachments
Imgp1226.jpg
Imgp1226.jpg (27.16 KiB) Viewed 3537 times
Aussie Alli

Re: Dad's boat

Post by Aussie Alli »

OH WOW!!! That is fantastic!
yocasta

Post by yocasta »

All I can say is WOW!!
kelmarfar76

Post by kelmarfar76 »

Wow, this is amazing. I wish we had stuff like this back when I first started scrapping- I went out of my mind to make paper piecings on a few different occasions- this would have made it so much easier.
blondee30

Post by blondee30 »

That is awesome!!! Great job
Kate

Post by Kate »

That is AMAZING!!! WOW! tfs