My take on freezer tees

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
JDahlie

My take on freezer tees

Post by JDahlie »

I also posted this over on the Cricut boards.

These are my first projects making stencils and then using fabric paint. I actually used vinyl for the stencils instead of freezer paper, but it's basically the same idea. These are for my niece's birthday. I got the tanks and shorts at Target for less than $1 each. I used SCAL for everything except the flower which was off a cartridge.

talanhart

Re: My take on freezer tees

Post by talanhart »

Your niece has the coolest aunt!
Todd
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

FANTASTIC JOB!!! :D
della

Post by della »

Stupid question here but how do you paint the different colors next to each other without getting paint on the other color?? I made my fiancee a g.i joe shirt and I got red paint on the white... Thank=)
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

If you got to youtube and type in freezer paper tshirt stencilling it will take you through step by step..
della

Post by della »

Yes I watched those videos... I was asking the poster what they personally did with the different colors........
JDahlie

Post by JDahlie »

I saved all the vinyl pieces as I was working. Then I did one color at a time, allowing enough time for one color to dry before putting vinyl over it so I could do the next color. That's another reason I used vinyl instead of trying to find my iron so I could use the freezer paper.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. The tanks and shorts were a lot of fun to make! My next project is some t-shirts with tractors, trains, and trucks for my 2 year old son.
Sherke

Post by Sherke »

Wow! They look great! What type of paint did you use? Thanks!
JDahlie

Post by JDahlie »

I used Tulip Soft Fabric Paint. Some of them were matte colors, while others were metallic, pearlescent, and obviously glitter.
jsnstarprncss

Post by jsnstarprncss »

What font did you use for the S with the crown above it? These are too cute--one day I'm going to have to play with this and vinyl :)
~Ashley
Psalm 113:3 Creations