oval w/ inititals font

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
marla40622

oval w/ inititals font

Post by marla40622 »

I am a newbie. So any patience and help is greatly appreciated. I recently purchased Harold's font black oval three only to find out it will not work with SCAL software without my having to re-do the circle or oval. Can anyone suggest a site I can use to get a circle/oval with initials in it that will work with SCAL?
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: oval w/ inititals font

Post by mitsim »

Do you have Illustrator or Inkscape? Inkscape is free, by the way. If you can make your monogram in either of these programs, you can save them as a svg file, and then just open in SCAL and cut.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Why/what doesn't work in SCAL?
marla40622

Post by marla40622 »

the font that I purchased will not work in SCAL. I recently purchased Harold's font black oval three only to find out it will not work with SCAL software without my having to re-do the circle or oval. BTW....I'm cutting vinyl.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

The letters do work in SCAL, and it's pretty simple to replace the oval. The other option is to use Inkscape. It worked perfectly in Inkscape. Select the font, type your letters, then use Path/Union. Inkscape is free. http://inkscape.org/

You can try contacting Craft Edge to see if they have a quick fix (other than using Inkscape), but since these fonts have non-standard spacing to make them work there may not be one.