Difficulty in tracing.

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
ukracer

Re: Difficulty in tracing.

Post by ukracer »

HeatherM wrote:Ukracer, I don't know what happened either, but I can tell you that the biggest problem with the original image is that it is much too low resolution. If you have clients that want logos, they either need to provide you with a higher resolution image or you will need to learn how to use the Bezier tool (Inkscape) or a comparable tool in one of the other vector drawing programs. There are several good tutorials on this, but I would try to find one geared toward cutting. For all of the thin lines in the image above, I would set the stroke width to the thickness you want the lines, then use the Bezier tool to create the design. Convert the lines to Path then use Path/Union. It is usually much faster to use the Bezier tool than to try to clean up a trace of a low res image. HTH
Hopefully one of the admins will let me know what has gone an and if the file Gaz kindly sorted for me is still available. ;)

But its not actually for a client. I dont do graphics but I used to sell cutters and heat presses until the guy I worked with stitched me up Long story but I do have cutters I can use and my sons mate is helping him move using a big trailer he has and in return I offered to print up a few T shirts as I have vinyl , T shirts and Cutter sitting here.

Sadly the image he sent is not that good and my two artist frineds are very busy this week so I am trying to sort it on my own , with a bit of help from kind people on the forum. ;)

Thanks for your advice I will do some research and messing about as I am away for month in my motorhome starting sunday. But it was the short term fix that was needing....and it seemed to have been there and gone (whilst I slept here in the UK) ;(