problem with SCAL2 importing svg

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
peglove

problem with SCAL2 importing svg

Post by peglove »

Hi, I have been using Scal 2 with Cricut for a couple of years. This is the first time I have had this problem. I just bought files from SVG cuts. It is a collection and has a lot of parts. I successfully cut one item from it, but when I try to import another part of the design package, it does not appear on the mat area. When I scroll over past the edge of the mat, I can see the outer edge of the box where you adjust size. I cannot get far enough to pull it over onto the mat. I can't cut and past it over further on the mat. I have tried just about everything I can think of to do. The file appears fine in Inkscape. I have tried importing to Inkscape, saving it and importing it into SCAL, but it still will not appear on the mat. Some of the pieces come over fine. It appears to be components that have extra long boxes areound them, but you can't adjust the legnth of the box because it affects the size of the component. Any ideas??? ;)
papasue

Re: problem with SCAL2 importing svg

Post by papasue »

I suggest you contact Svgcuts. Leo is great and since it is their file they will be the best route to a solution.

Do you have your mat size at 12x12?
.Can you select all and size it down via the properties panel?

Just some thing you can check until you can reach svgcuts.

Good Luck
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
peglove

Post by peglove »

thank you. I have already emailed them, but have no response yet. Of course I am on a time crunch to finish the banner I am making for Sunday. I'll just have to go to plan B, Can't imagine what it could be??
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Is the cut shape importing, or does it look like a blank page (zoom out until you can see the whole bounding box)? You should be able to select the cut shape and use your keyboard arrows to move it until the cut shape is on the mat (or use the alignment tools to align to the right edge of the mat).

It is possible that there are stray nodes far from the shape that you want to cut that are pushing your cut lines far off the mat. If that is the case you should be able to either use Object/Break apart or the node tool to get rid of the strays.