NO popdots- PTPULLEY butterfly border corrected file updated

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
gj1

Re: NO popdots needed-BEST SCAL create single line cut ADDED

Post by gj1 »

removed
Last edited by gj1 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: NO popdots needed-BEST SCAL create single line cut ADDED

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Ohhh I love the flower one as well :D
ptpulley

Re: NO popdots needed

Post by ptpulley »

gj1 wrote:Ptpulley...one thing I do know about the pen tool and nodes is that sometimes it is difficult to grab and move...they have to turn blue...but if I ungroup and hide the thing right next to what I what to work with...then I can do it.

I am going to try to work with it more and see if I can come up with line cut straight from scal...because as I said, I had trouble with the one used in this flower. The heart and butterfly worked good though and I could never make either of those with a line tool...but maybe little arches and such to stretch for flower, or the half squares for squares and diamonds. If made in scal they would cut right. I am most comfortable working in SCAL also and LOVE LOVE love my SCAL!!!
I guess I will just have to spend some time with the pen tool. I don't have a problem working with nodes-- well, other than the fact that the software makes it hard! When I do things like these half-cut pieces, I always do it like you mentioned before, with the item and a tight copy, path exclude, and a then a tab unioned on. It makes it pretty tricky when you want to cut something very small though. I did the butterfly border using that technique. Half the butterflies are cut completely, and the other half are partially attached so they can be folded up. My picture is bad, so it's kind of hard to see.

I also did the spring border with butterflies, and one for summer. You could attach these to any rectangle/card base by sizing as small as you like it, moving the rectangle over it so that the base below the letters doesn't stick up past the top of the rectangle, then path union.
Attachments
Butterfly border.jpg
Butterfly border.jpg (26.03 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
Spring and Summer.jpg
Spring and Summer.jpg (45.81 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
Last edited by ptpulley on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.
pennsylvaniakate

Re: NO popdots needed-BEST SCAL created single line cuts ADD

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

You inspired me, gj1! Lol, but I didn't do anything fancy. Just a little half circle cut to slip a gift card under. I can post the gift card box... But we are having our baby shower today, and I have a ton of last minute stuff to do. That's why I am up at 4AM!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

OUTSTANDING...to both of you.

Ptpulley...I am going to play with your file today...you are amazing...
Kate, you and everyone here have given me so much inspiration, glad to return the favor. Hope you enjoy your shower and got a bit of sleep. Let us know what you receive for the baby :)
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Something may have happen with a break apart and union, but the half butterfly cut out completely, so could not bend up.
They were there in your file so I just removed and replaced and merged everything and all went well. I cut on mimimum speed and multix2 with 3 pressure and 5 blade depth(cricket)...I did not think the small A2 would work well but it did and then I also made it larger for 5x7 which is REALLY nice and a better size for showing this off. Thank you so much for doing this.

NOTE: With single line cuts in SCAL, you can not simplify the design, also...it will just turn them back to a closed path.
Last edited by gj1 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

http://imagesbyheatherm.wordpress.com/? ... ath+circle

HeatherM has great tutorials for inkscape also, and a half scalloped circle file
ptpulley

Post by ptpulley »

Shoot! I had attached the wrong file up above! My first try had resulted in a border that cut out half of the butterflies in one piece and the other half in two, and I mistakenly attached that one. I have deleted it now in my previous post, and attached the correct file. It should cut fine now.

It is very tiny but it does cut small enough for a small card-- that's the size I usually do. But it would cut better in a larger size. I did the spring and summer pretty big too, but they would work just fine in a very small size at the top of a card edge like someone did on the photo I posted up a ways in this thread.

Gj1, I think your little flower would make a really cute border for a card too. I might play around with it a bit later.
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.