NO popdots- PTPULLEY butterfly border corrected file updated

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
gj1

NO popdots- PTPULLEY butterfly border corrected file updated

Post by gj1 »

PTPULLEY butterfly border page 2.
Last edited by gj1 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
gj1

Re: NO popdots needed

Post by gj1 »

removed
Last edited by gj1 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ptpulley

Post by ptpulley »

Thanks for the butterfly cut. I like it. I found this image someplace a while ago (no idea where), and saved it because I thought it might be a nice border to recreate sometime. I don't think they used your butterfly cut technique, but it would be a perfect use for it.
Attachments
4006.jpg
4006.jpg (77.19 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

That might actually be a punch...but we have had similar borders done here, and the idea for lifting the image in 2 cuts probably is not new by me...but it is new 'for' me...so anyway thanks...glad you like it.
We have a lot of new members and so this will be like new for those who have not seen all that has come before.
What I would like are more ideas for half cuts...like what shapes would be good for the tuck designs or like petals for flowers that would lift up...I just like it so it is going to be my focus for a while...hee hee.

If anyone else makes some stuff like this or with these little helpers I gave....please show the ideas or projects.
ptpulley

Post by ptpulley »

Did you say that you do the single line cuts in Inkscape? I have worked with Inkscape a bit and find that I am much more comfortable with SCAL. I have no idea how to use the drawing tool in SCAL-- I just mess up everything I try to do with it. Any suggestions for a place to learn how to use it?
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZCVneME ... Pc5xsIl4dV

This is one of the places I learned(I learned most of what I know from Kay and the Scal tutorials here on our homepage)...short bit about the pen tool at the end. Plus in our tutorials you will find some on the CE homepage. Maybe others can direct you also.
Basically, if you left click and drag and adjust handles you can get arches out of the straight lines, or you can left click and release and move to the next spot and click to try to create your arches node by node and then find the handles to adjust.
I am not that good with any drawing tool except sometimes I get lucky, or just use straight lines mostly.

I start the single line cuts in SCAL...to first do a copy and paste in place and a shadow of one and make it .50 or smaller and then a front minus back and then break the image in half by laying a rectangle over half and doing back minus front...they are just scal library images...then I was using paint to erase the ends...and then going to ink(I am not real good with ink), but I don't need to do the paint part I realized. I just export the half image from scal as an .svg and take into ink and break path, click on nodes and then the break path node button at the top left, then select all and ungroup and pull the lines apart....something like that...it takes me several and many more tries to get it.
Sorry that I can not explain better what I do.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I think I have the butterfly border file here.. I had done that for a member here a while back.. I think it was before your time.. But great job gj1
gj1

Post by gj1 »

removed.
Last edited by gj1 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Ptpulley...one thing I do know about the pen tool and nodes is that sometimes it is difficult to grab and move...they have to turn blue...but if I ungroup and hide the thing right next to what I what to work with...then I can do it.

I am going to try to work with it more and see if I can come up with line cut straight from scal...because as I said, I had trouble with the one used in this flower. The heart and butterfly worked good though and I could never make either of those with a line tool...but maybe little arches and such to stretch for flower, or the half squares for squares and diamonds. If made in scal they would cut right. I am most comfortable working in SCAL also and LOVE LOVE love my SCAL!!!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

removed.
Last edited by gj1 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.