Man With Flower - card P2C

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
papasue

Man With Flower - card P2C

Post by papasue »

This is so totally not my style since I'm not much for doing final projects let alone with all this color and pattern but I was playing with my little guy and decided I could use patterns to fill him in, just to see what I could learn by doing it. I did it in Inkscape but SCAL and eCAL both have the capabilties of using patterns. I like the ones from patterncooler.com but any seamless pattern works.

You can get the digistamp from my Blog if you want to give him a go. The scalloped frame is from my Hibiscus card if you want that too.

Screen shot 2012-02-09 at 1.37.35 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-02-09 at 1.37.35 PM.png (178.32 KiB) Viewed 3189 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
gj1

Re: Man With Flower - card P2C

Post by gj1 »

Patterns look good and I like the white bg very much!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
mommabird52

Post by mommabird52 »

This is soooopoo cool! You are very talented!
judyjo
Location: Indiana, Mac v.10.5.8, Inkscapes, Scal v. 2.013, Cricut Expression, Design Studio, eclips, eCAL

Post by judyjo »

Very cute card Susan. Your sense of "play" is really cool :!: Thanks for sharing and also thank you for mentioning patterncooler.com......I had never heard of it before. So, I checked it out and they do have some really interesting patterns. Now........I have a question. After downloading a pattern, I was able to open it in SCAL, but couldn't figure out how to save it to the pattern library. Is this possible?
papasue

Post by papasue »

Judy, although you could add your new found patterns to the Pattern Library I would not suggest doing so as they increase the size of the program and can slow it down.

Instead I put all my seamless pattern pieces in one folder (however you like to be organized.) and then I select the one I want as needed for a particular element.

See if this helps on how to do it in SCAL. It is not any different in eCAL, just the screen looks different. Let me know if this works for you. I did it very quickly.
Apply Pattern Tut.png
Apply Pattern Tut.png (229.2 KiB) Viewed 3122 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
judyjo
Location: Indiana, Mac v.10.5.8, Inkscapes, Scal v. 2.013, Cricut Expression, Design Studio, eclips, eCAL

Post by judyjo »

Works perfectly for me, thanks for your help. Also, I really appreciate your hint about the pattern library size.
ptpulley

Post by ptpulley »

Thank you for the instructions!!
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.