Q's on what we can post

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
hipmonkey

Q's on what we can post

Post by hipmonkey »

I was wondering what we are able to post for example cartoon characters can we post our cut files? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

TIA
Lisa
AnointedHands

Re: Q's on what we can post

Post by AnointedHands »

You can post any layout made from cartoon characters. You can probably post a design made from a cartoon character (i.e., a complete Mickey Mouse shape) but not the cut file.

HTH
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

You can post any .SVG, .SCAL or other electronic file you want so long as it has no copyright protection on it. Copyrights can apply to any kind of image - .SVG and other electronic graphic files including CDs purchased recently or long ago, coloring books, other books, cartoons, clothing, coffee cups, stationary, anything and everything. If there is a copyright, it is our job to honor it. It is also our responsibility to search everywhere we can think of to find copyright information. Search all packaging information, documents, even in the image itself, search the web for that image or company and see if they have copyright information, check Readme files or other files provided with an image that might contain copyright information, document files sent along with an image, and whatever else you can think of.

If an image is open source or in the public domain, or otherwise free without a copyright on it, then by all means you can post it! You can certainly post original work if you wish to share it. Please not, original work means the design itself, not Inkscape (or other program) manipulations of images that already existed but in a different format.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I totally agree with WREED on this. One thing I would add is that I believe you can post the result of something you made with copyright materials, you just cannot post the file for others to use. When possible share where you found the image you used so others can play too.

WREED would you agree?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.