Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Post by sstehman »

SCAL2 is no longer available. SCAL3 will not work with the Cricut but will work with other cutters. It is very disheartening, but nothing you can do when fighting big guns like PROVO and BOA.
Sandy in PA
Cheruki

Post by Cheruki »

The CD for SCAL 2 I just recently purchased through website is version 2.030; I couldn't find anywhere on the website the download for the 2.043 version you mention. I have reviewed all the information regarding the demise of this program, but thought I could at least get the last updated version in the hope that will correct my "Error occurred when trying to cut". Everything else works beautifully, but I cannot cut - anything. I have also updated and verified that driver is installed correctly and recognizing either USB port I can plug into and machine has no malfunctions. Am I just not bright enough to find this update version or is it, also, no longer available? Hope I'm not frustrating you with this; I did spend at least 2 hours reading through this entire forum to avoid any redundant questioning and your post is the only one I found that relects a version later than mine. In any case, I thank you in advance for any assistance you may choose to offer.

gj1 wrote:I will try to answer for her, what I do.

Anytime you click to download a program from the internet, you are downloading the setup and saving it somewhere.
I just click on surecutsalot 2.043 and click run then it asks where to save to...and I pick my jump drive memory stick that I insert into the side of my computer, and click save. It wants you to save it to your computer, but I change the C:\programfiles to my other location which is E:\ or F:\removabledisc and then when it asks do I want to run, I say no...but the setup is there on my stick if I want to run it and set it up/INSTALL...which is the process when they ask all the questions of agreeing to terms, do you want it here, do you want a desktop icon, etc...so you can do that anytime from that setup.
Hope this was clear.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Have you tried opening scal after you turn on your cricut machine.. ???
jif1984

Post by jif1984 »

by lillygirl7 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:47 pm

I don't know why either? All I know is that as soon as I click on one of those buttons to do their magic SCAL shuts down completely! Gonzo! Luckily I can reboot it and my images that I had been working on are still there, but the two features DO NOT WORK at all! Drives me nuts!
I'm having this issue with back minus front and front minus back too.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Jif are you making sure box items are selected when you do the back minus front and front minus back?? they have to be selected together..
9920louise

Post by 9920louise »

I'm really confused!!! Firstly why is scal not available for cricut??? and secondly I already have version 1 and wanted to upgrade my cricut personal to an expression machine. Will I still be able to use my scal on my new expression?

:o :?
Thanks
Louise
x
Sweetness4713

Post by Sweetness4713 »

SCAL 1 and 2 are no longer available due to the reason Provo Craft was suing all companies that weren't provo craft affiliated for copyrighting...
9920louise

Post by 9920louise »

Obviously provocraft are realising that craft edge had a breakthrough with sure cuts alot....... WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO PAY SO MUCH FOR CARTRIDGES! They should make them cheaper and make their design studio easier to use then all of us cricut users might not have needed scal in the first place.
;)
Will SCAL 1 still work if i purchase a new expression machine? Where would I install the firmware I need?

Thanks
x
jif1984

Post by jif1984 »

Sweetness,

I'm not sure what you mean by "box items." I'll select only two items and when I try either option, I get an error and it closes. I was able to use "exclude" and finish my project, but it's really frustrating. :(
roo2173

Post by roo2173 »

does anyone have a copy of the last update for scal 2 as it has disappeared from my computer and for some reason am having trouble when i try to cut out stuff .. will cut once then refuses to find the mat even though everything is turned on and loaded