Rommy Paper Toy Robot

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Re: Rommy Paper Toy Robot

Post by jasenj1 »

sstehman wrote:Is it my imagination or does this one look better than the one cut with that "other" machine? :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's even more remarkable is that the new one is smaller. I shrunk it down a bit to give the registration marks plenty of room. I'll have to experiment to see how close to the reg. marks items can be. I also changed the score lines' style to be much smaller. I ended up having to use a scorer in a few places.
Bet you are so excited to use your new toy.
Very. I have a big list of PnC projects that I couldn't do with the Cricut. I hope to be flooding the forum with my "work" soon. :D

- Jasen.
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

Woot, got p2c to work with SCAL, don't know what I was doing wrong the first time. Just having one problem now, and I don't know if it is something I am doing or something with SCAL. When I print more than one image, a smaller version of that image is printed on top of the original size. Has anyone else had this happen? Just occurred to me... maybe the images are too close together. Will have to try a few more tests, then email Craft Edge if the problem persists.
ksderby

Post by ksderby »

pennsylvaniakate wrote:Ohhh, I'm mad at you! I couldn't get SCAL to do a print & cut for the life of me. Was in a hurry that day, so I will try again. It would read the two of the registration marks but not the third. Ended up having to figure out how to use Silhouette software to do it.
Can you tell me how you made this work? I'm still unable to get PnC to work on my Cameo with SCAL3. I am about to give up and buy Designer Studio. I don't want to do it but I can't figure a way to make it work.
pennsylvaniakate

Let me do it this evening, and I'll let you know. Been awhile and don't want to give you incorrect instructions.
pennsylvaniakate

Ok, still having problems with cutting more than one or two images at a time, but if you are just cutting one image, the print and cut works just fine. Unless using a wide format printer, change the mat size to 8 1/2" by 11" under the "Properties" box. To see where your registration marks are, just click on the "Page Preview" icon. Click on "File" and then "Place Image". Then trace that same image, and get the cut lines from the trace lined up with the image you want to print. Turn off your cut lines using the corresponding "Eye" in the "Layers" box. Click on the "Cut" icon and check the "Registration Marks" box, and click the "Print" button. After printing, line up page on the cutting mat and load into Cameo. Turn off the print layer, and turn on the cut layer in the "Layers" box. Then select the "Cut" button from the "Cut Settings" box. Your Cameo should read the registration marks and cut out your image.
ksderby

Post by ksderby »

Thank you. I finally have it working... most of the time. I'm finding many images are an issue because of the type of file they are in or because they have a box around the image which makes it impossible to trace the outline. I'm still working on making it consistently or understandably work.

Your description helped and knowing it was at least possible gave me the support to keep trying.
Busgoddess10

Post by Busgoddess10 »

hahhahaa - funny on me - when I first saw subject thought it said "Romney Paper Toy Robot" Made me scroll back real quick and take a second look. Cute cut out.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

jasenj1 wrote:
sstehman wrote:Is it my imagination or does this one look better than the one cut with that "other" machine? :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's even more remarkable is that the new one is smaller. I shrunk it down a bit to give the registration marks plenty of room. I'll have to experiment to see how close to the reg. marks items can be. I also changed the score lines' style to be much smaller. I ended up having to use a scorer in a few places.

- Jasen.
So long as you don't go beyond the reg. marks you should be fine - if you do go beyond the machine will just ignore the line and pick it up where it comes back inside the marks.

The marks have to have a little room around them or 1) they interfere with the print 2) the optical eye can "see" the image and either mistake it for the reg mark or confuse its self and just say it can't find them.

I have the mac version of Scal and just wish the reg marks could be displayed on screen when designing, instead of having to resize, press preview, re size, press preview etc.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

Jasen,

when you first imported the pdf, how did you do it?

via the image import or file>open or another way?

just wondering

might do it in inkscape and save as SVG :)

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
cmsmith64

Post by cmsmith64 »

As I was coming to this page, I noticed the date of posts...2009. So I guess it's old news...and there actually wasn't any help or info on how to do PnC....I've tried with SCAL3 and Silhouette Cameo, and did exactly what SCAL2 and Cricut Expression...messed up PnC piece...I can do better cutting out by hand which I have done twice since the failed attempt with SCAL3. And Silhouette Studio Designer software is not any better. Calibration or math of the machine not my expertise....so I continue to cut out by hand!!

Carolyn

www.grandmacarol46580.blogspot.com