Joolse40

Re: Flower Box Baby Shower favors

Post by Joolse40 »

these boxes are beautiful

joolse40
kgt

Post by kgt »

These are Absolutely beautiful!!!!! You did a wonderful job!!

I am very new to all of this--this may be a silly question, but where do you find such beautiful cardstock to make the boxes??
scraphappysue

Post by scraphappysue »

Thank you so much! This actual paper, I bought at Big Lots for a 48 sheet pack of 12 x 12 paper for $5. It took one 12 x 12 sheet to make one box...with big scraps left over. For the size box I made, you would need an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper. I buy pads of paper at Hobby Lobby, Michael's (has a lot of paper pads), JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts, and many online stores....for projects like this, though, Big Lots is the best place...can't beat the price! ;)

(I love that paper, too, but can't seem to find any more of it anywhere...the brand was Marcella by K (K & Company)...it was called Bon Bon. If anyone knows where I can locate more, please let me know. Thanks!)
Suzy
kgt

Post by kgt »

Thank you so much for answering my questions--so this was regular paper, not cardstock???
I love Big Lots, I will definitely be on the lookout for that paper.....Thanks also for giving me the dimensions. Have a great evening!! Thanks again.
scraphappysue

Post by scraphappysue »

Yes, regular paper, but seems a little heavier.
Suzy
BabeeBK

Post by BabeeBK »

these are very nice!
craftycreationz

Post by craftycreationz »

OMG! Those are beautiful!!!! I just purchased the font thanks so much, i can't wait to get started... I better get some sleep first tho... It's almost 1:00am here in NM....I am so addicted to SCAL. LOL nighterz!
scraphappysue

Post by scraphappysue »

Thank you! :) This was one of my first projects. Have fun!! I know exactly what you mean about being addicted. When I first got SCAL, I was staying up all night! I have since got things in balance (a little bit)...LOL. I love SCAL...it is awesome! Would love to see your projects when completed!! ;) Happy New Year from OH!
Suzy
craftycreationz

Hi Suzi, so i tried making a box, but something has gone so wrong...it seemed to be folding up right, but the bottoms don't reach eachother, and can't be connected. I am using the origional cricut. do i need the expression to make these boxes correctly? It's SO frustrating when things don't work out the way you thought they would....
Thanks in advance for any help.
-Lisa
craftycreationz

SUZY! I'm sorry i mis-spelled ur name! :?
-Lisa