Downloaded Image File Wrong Size When Prnt2Cut

ScaleAero

Downloaded Image File Wrong Size When Prnt2Cut

Post by ScaleAero »

Problem:

Previous posts were relative to file import and internal conversion to .svg I have begun to
use the Elips2 and run into an issue I can not resolve after a week of beating on it.

I have just begun using the Elips2. I have successfully print and cut some of the stock
images with 100% success @ the proper/anticipated scale (size).

However, when I download an image to print-2-cut the printed image is larger than it should
be. I have been chasing this down for a week without resolution.

My downloaded image has a dim or 4.100 wide x 8.750 long in portrait mode on 12x12 mat.
When printed it is printing about 25% too large...around 6"x10".

I successfully converted my .jpg to .svg in blackout mode with registration dots above and
outside my image by approximately 1/2 inch.

I have tried to work this out on my own and finally gave up this morning... :) I utilize CAD
and graphics with ease... This error is driving me nuts as it leaves no clues to a solution. It
has to be something simple...however I can not account for the image enlargement when
printed. Yes, I have entered the distance between each registration dot.

What's going on?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Ed Clayman
Houston, TX
ScaleAero@gmail.com
ScaleAero
SandyMcC

Re: Downloaded Image File Wrong Size When Prnt2Cut

Post by SandyMcC »

The only time I've ever had this happen is when I had the Borderless printing option turned on in my printer properties and neglected to reduce another setting, again in my printer's properties to prevent the image from being stretched to fit. It's called Extension or Expansion, depending on what brand of printer you're using.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
ScaleAero

Re: Downloaded Image File Wrong Size When Prnt2Cut

Post by ScaleAero »

SandyMcC wrote:The only time I've ever had this happen is when I had the Borderless printing option turned on in my printer properties and neglected to reduce another setting, again in my printer's properties to prevent the image from being stretched to fit. It's called Extension or Expansion, depending on what brand of printer you're using.
Sandy,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have thrown all my files associated with this in the trash.I decided I must be working with multiple scale interations of images. This may very well be the fault point because I was in ramp-up on the learning curve across all of this... :o Not that anyone has ever done that before.... :oops:

I am also going to use a single graphic editor to do all editing to at least create a common error from now on... :ugeek: Will double check the borderless setting is "off" as I start over again...
ScaleAero