Help - Print-to-Cut eCAL 2.024 for eclips2

JRolland

Help - Print-to-Cut eCAL 2.024 for eclips2

Post by JRolland »

I'm attempting to cut oval stickers with my eclips2. I print my layout with reg. marks, go thru the Print-to-Cut setup using 3 reg. marks. The origin point is set. The laser calibration is perfect. When I cut, the ovals are 1/4" smaller than they should be, and the contour cut is way off.

I tried importing versions of my layout as a .png, .svg, and .ai with reg. marks and using that as my "print" in Print-to-Cut --- same results.

Finally, using one of my imported layouts as a guide I hand drew ovals directly over my layout. The result was MUCH closer but still not precise enough to be a working solution.

Why don't my imported layouts work for a print to cut? If my imported layout is aligned with the virtual mat, and my printed output is aligned with the physical mat, why won't the imported layout work as cut lines? And why, if I manually trace OVER what should be my cut lines, it ALMOST works?

Thanks for any advice you can offer. I bought this machine and software to gain speed and precision. At this point, I'm getting neither.