new laptop

nuzzmark

new laptop

Post by nuzzmark »

I just got a new laptop with Windows 8. I haven't used my eclips in about 4 months so I bought the upgrade for ecal2. Got that on & now it won't cut. I get a message saying "cutting machine could not be found." I shut it off, unplugged the usb cord, unplugged the machine & nothing. :? I clicked on the "Cutter" symbol & for the port it sys, "COM3(Sizzix eclips VCOM)" Is that what it's supposed to be? I have no idea. I was all set to cut out some things for a layout & now nothing! :evil:
Any ideas???
Thanks,
Clara
papasue

Re: new laptop

Post by papasue »

Congrats on your new computer.

I'd suggest you contact support at CraftEdge.com. There is a support form on the website to tell them all about your set up. You may need a "driver" or something else....I don't do windows so I'm not sure....but they will know and they will work to get yo up and running.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Nuzzmark, did you get your ECAL to work? I also have a new Windows 8 laptop, and had no problems installing and cutting with ECAL2 with my Eclips (the original Eclips). Hope it got worked out for you.
nuzzmark

Post by nuzzmark »

Hi Mitsim & Papasue,
I did contact support & sent them my pc info. I'm still waiting on their reply. I figure if we can't get it to work, I'll just go back to the previous version, although this is a new laptop. Maybe that's the reason??
Thanks,
Clara
nuzzmark

Post by nuzzmark »

CraftEdge support is amazing! I did a print screen to show what I was seeing & they told me what to do & it worked! Hallelujah!!! Can't wait to get going on my projects!
Clara