Printer not printing registration marks

kamilicrafts

Printer not printing registration marks

Post by kamilicrafts »

I have read all the threads about this tried everything suggested, checked the box is checked, tried 2 different printers, made sure the paper orientation is correct and STILL NO REGISTRATION MARKS!!! Can someone please help me before I throw the Eclips out of the window :cry:
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Printer not printing registration marks

Post by HeatherM »

This may sound silly, but do you have cutting lines in your file? SCAL/eCAL will only put registration marks for cutting lines, so if you only have an image it won't print registration marks. If the file is something you created it might help you you posted the file. HTH
kamilicrafts

Post by kamilicrafts »

Aha Heather it may be that. :?: I am just placing the image and going to print first. I wanted to print and cut a variety of trees - I have attached a photo of one of them, but when I try to trace it or create a shadow of it or put a print and cut outline, it uses the box around the picture (even though you can't see one?!) to trace or shadow and not the image itself. I have tried a png file to see if this is the problem but it does the same thing :cry: Sorry the pic is huge not sure how to make it smaller!
example cut.png
example cut.png (123.26 KiB) Viewed 13244 times
papasue

Post by papasue »

I made the image smaller for you so all could see. Hopefully this will get you the help you need.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
kamilicrafts

Post by kamilicrafts »

Thanks Susan :) I have managed to fill the image with a solid colour in my graphics programme, then trace around it in Ecal and place the printed image on top and it then prints with the reg marks, now I just have to see if I can cut it. If anyone knows of a simpler way of print and cut with an image such as this it would still be good to know :) Thanks.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I finally got p2c down after not being able to get the registration marks to print. The main thing I learned is there has to be a cut file either around your image or behind your image so that the printer has a reference where the cut will be made. Now it works perfectly.
risa_f

Post by risa_f »

I have imported a .png, added a shadow, and I can preview the cut lines and registration marks. I can see the registration marks in ecal as well as in the printer print preview. However, I am about to tear my hair out because when I print, it prints the numbers only, but no registration marks. I have had to view the actual size, place the printed page up against the monitor, trace the registration marks, then do the laser alignment in order to get print2cut to work.

Why are the actual marks not printing? What do I need to do to print them?
risa_f

Post by risa_f »

Figured it out - the black nozzle on the print head needed to be cleaned! Now Print2Cut is working perfectly. I'm loving my Eclips!
ukracer

Post by ukracer »

risa_f wrote:Figured it out - the black nozzle on the print head needed to be cleaned! Now Print2Cut is working perfectly. I'm loving my Eclips!
LOl Well I doubt many would have guessed that one ! ;)
Kayla_003

Post by Kayla_003 »

Nice post!