Having trougle printing high quality from Print2Cut for popu

rosstamicah

Having trougle printing high quality from Print2Cut for popu

Post by rosstamicah »

I am using the eclips Print2Cut feature to print and cut out shapes for a pop up book I am working on. Some photos are here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 7b9b9f741d

It cuts out fine but the problem is that the image prints in low res. It seems no matter what format (pdf, tiff, gif, jpg) that I import it prints (and displays on the software) in low res.

I know I can print my PDFs from pPhotoshop with registration marks but it seems these are completely differenet and wont work.

Can someone help me out? Thanks!
dragonlord666

Re: Having trougle printing high quality from Print2Cut for

Post by dragonlord666 »

I've not used ecal but it should use the printer driver software on your system. is that set to high quality?

Hopefully, someone with more experience of ecal will be along soon how can help.

I use scal3 and have no problem with print quality so I hope it's just a setting someplace that will fix it.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
papasue

Post by papasue »

I find that printing on Matte Photo paper gives a better, crisper print, even in 72dpi. Best if your image is 300 dpi but the design had be be created.saved in that resolution as you can't just "up" the dpi after the fact I don't think.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

if you have graphic software like gimp, photoshop or even preview(mac) you can up the dpi but it does not always give a good result.
and can make the file a lot bigger. it's always better to have a larger dpi and reduce it if possible.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
hylaweb

Post by hylaweb »

I don't have an answer for you, but just wanted to say that I love the work! :)
--
http://www.calliegraphy.com
eCAL (Sizzix eclips), MacOS X (Mavericks/10.9)
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

if they are scans of drawings make sure they are scanned at 300 dpi. this is normally set in the scanner software

if they are computer drawn see if they can be saved at 300 dpi - it will make the files big and you can resize them and keep the quality.

Gaz
rosstamicah

Post by rosstamicah »

Thanks everyone, the images are definitely at 300dpiem(some are actually 450) so I know its not that. It just seems that I cant get the right quality print out of eCal, but I will try changing some of the printer settings on my print dialouge box. Will report back here with what I find. And more photos. ;)
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

it might be worth installing a virtual pdf printer (cutepdf springs to mind but there are others) and print to that, then print the resulting pdf to the printer. that can give a better output.

Gaz