Ripping, ripping, RIPPING!!!

AdansMommy

Ripping, ripping, RIPPING!!!

Post by AdansMommy »

This happens no matter what I'm cutting. This happens to be vinyl, but I have this problem with paper and cardstock too. Here are the specs:

1- new mat
2- new blade
3- vinyl
4- ECAL
5- Eclips
6- speed- 2
7- pressure-3

Many times I also deal with ripping and tearing. In this case, it was just removal of letters. HELP!Image
papasue

Re: Ripping, ripping, RIPPING!!!

Post by papasue »

so sorry, that must be very frustrating. I'd contact Sizzix and/or CraftEdge to sort it out.

you did a great job describing and identifying, just send it all to them, including what version of eCal you are using.

good Luck!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

There were some blade housing issues with some machines. They may send you a new blade housing.
Sandy in PA
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

check the blade, even a NEW blade can have a chip in it, if the tip has chipped off it will never cut.

they are amazingly easy to damage. if you have a microscope then great but a decent magnifying glass is good. sometimes you can take a photo (macro is good) and enlarge on the computer to check.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave