Blade suddenly not descending to paper

mgraham17

Blade suddenly not descending to paper

Post by mgraham17 »

I was happily cutting along, several different pages all fine, then started another but the blade didn't get near the paper at the beginning of file then did start cutting. I tried to cut same thing again in hopes that it would correctly cut the same piece but now blade won't touch paper at all.

I'm using ecal 1.009 on a Windows pc.

Any help would be appreciated.
papasue

Re: Blade suddenly not descending to paper

Post by papasue »

Hi, you should first download the latest version of eCAL.... 1.016. If that doesn't work then you will have to contact Sizzix as that symptom has been noted before and Sizzix has sent replacement machine.

Good Luck and hope you are back to cutting soon.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

check your blade holder has not worked loose and risen up in the clamp with the force of cutting.
it can happen, keep an eye on this and if it keep happening contact the manuf. of the machine to see if you can get a replacement clamp.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
mgraham17

Post by mgraham17 »

Thanks everyone. I'll do all of that.

Also, I called Sizzix and it was suggested to clean the sensor, which I haven't done before, and to move the housing to the right while cutter is off and watch what happens with the laser when machine is turned on ... if laser comes on and stays on, all is good, if not, the machine may need to be replaced. More info for anyone else who has this problem.