Eclips shutting down

ahinton

Eclips shutting down

Post by ahinton »

First time on this forum. I have been using my eclips for several days now and all of a sudden it starts shutting off while its cutting. I installed new updates, didn't make a difference. I've tried cutting different files and it still shuts off. Has anyone had this problem? I am in the middle of a baby shower project and need help fast. Any ideas?
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: Eclips shutting down

Post by mitsim »

Call Sizzix customer service. They are great to work with, and will be able to trouble shoot your problem.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Do you have the cartridge that came with it. See if it shuts down when using just the cartridge/remote system so you might be able to tell if it is just the machine.

Check the cables to make sure they are not coming loose.

Let it sit for a little and then try again.

Those are my thoughts.
Sandy in PA
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

What Sandy said is a good Idea, because if you call their customer service they will ask you if you tried it with the remote instead of ECAL. It's just one of the steps they ask you. They will probably also ask you to video tape it and send it in so they can review the problem first hand.
ahinton

Post by ahinton »

It does the same thing when cutting with a cartridge. I'll have to wait til tomorrow to call.
ahinton

Post by ahinton »

UPDATE!!! I guess Sizzix could not figure out what caused the problem. They are sending me a new machine. They were very easy to work with. Can't wait to start cutting again!!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Congratulations on getting the new machine quickly. Even with the on occasion issues that show up, they are great on treating their customers right. So rare today.
Sandy in PA