Rhinestones

christydoss

Rhinestones

Post by christydoss »

I currently use the US cutter MH871 cutter and need to know how to cut sticky flock rhinestone material using Sure Cuts A Lot 3. I am able to see the preview of my cut with the rhinestones in place, but I am unable to change the rhinestones from the default rectangular rhinestones to circular rhinestones. I also have not been successful in cutting the flock to have round shapes and deep enough to get through. Any help would be appreciated.
newbiecat

Re: Rhinestones

Post by newbiecat »

Unfortunately not a solution for you but I do know that other people have been reporting similar problems with different cutters, suggest you drop a note to craft edge support. so they know it is an issue for more than one person /machine

Pandora
Win7, SCAL3.044, Silver Bullet 18" Craft Artist Pro, Photoshop,
rockyroadtees

Re: Rhinestones

Post by rockyroadtees »

I use US Cutter LaserPointI and have the same issue. I can't toggle from the rectangular stone to the round stone (or any other stone). However, that feature is just a visual representation of what the design would look like when completed- I think. As a test, I used a simple shape and put rhinestone along the path. I went to Object/ Break apart and you can then see the shape and size (dimensions) of each circle- the rectangles are inside the shape but won't be cut. You can see exactly what will be cut on the Cutter preview selection. The first time I used Sticky Flock (pink), I thought the circles hadn't been cut either- you won't be able to see them because the felt hides them. I peeled a portion off the backing, put it on my counter and used a squeegee. When I lifted the flock I was pretty surprised to see that the circles had actually been cut. I use pressure of 180 on my cutter with a 60 degree blade. Hope that helps!