SO frustrated with eClips!!

Jinkies

SO frustrated with eClips!!

Post by Jinkies »

Last week my eClips just stopped working - wouldn't even power on. Tried it in different outlets, different rooms, triple checked my cords - no luck. So I called,they send me return label and off it went... great customer service!

I get home today to a replacement machine on my porch... hooray! Hook it up, load up the mat. The blade does it's usual across the paper and returns to the corner ready to cut. Tell it to cut a file, the blade starts moving - then the rollers just keep on going and shoot my mat out the back!

I have turned it on and off about 12 times. Unplugged the USB cord... even hooked it up to my old laptop that it was on previously and no luck.

So now I'm on busted machine #2 :(

Any chance anyone has had this problem? Something I can fix without sending it back?

Thank you!
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: SO frustrated with eClips!!

Post by mitsim »

I have heard of this happening, and it seems to help if you go to the back of the machine, where the paper comes out in the back, to the left there is a little black sensor. Gently clean that sensor, and it should hopefully help. If dust gets on that sensor, it will cause the rollers to roll and spit out your paper/mat.
Jinkies

Post by Jinkies »

Thank you, but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.

I will call Sizzix tomorrow and have them send me another machine - hopefully third times a charm!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Oh Oh....that is the board that the sensor is on. My first one did the same thing. Hang in there. I think they had some initial makes where that happened and depending where you got it, you might have gotten one of those machines.

They will send you a new one and you will love using it.
Sandy in PA