Eclips no longer Cutting for PNC After 1.008 Update

ScrappyKat

Eclips no longer Cutting for PNC After 1.008 Update

Post by ScrappyKat »

My PNC had been spot-on and my machine still does a great regular cut from an inported SVG or Scut file. Today I wanted to do a print and cut for the first time after the upgrade. I spent many hours making the file and was pleased with what I had accomplished. I was able to print the necessary element and it look very nice. I did notice, however, I no longer had three registration marks to line up--only two. I lined these up and opened the mat version of what I had earlier printed. The lasers were lined up , I hit ok and the cutter moved to the upper left corner and just stopped there. I patterns may have been big files so I gave it ample time to begin. I tried this a few times. I must say my PNC worked find before I upgraded! After I gave up on the PNC, I did check and was able to cut a regular svg from another project.

Any help would be appreciated. Don't even understand why I no longer have the three regs marks. Cann't find a place on the software to select 3--I think I did this before.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: Eclips no longer Cutting for PNC After 1.008 Update

Post by mitsim »

to get three registration marks go to Edit/Preferences/Eclips and you'll see it as the third item down.

Also, when you are in that same tab, go to Advances settings, and make sure the curve resolution is set to high.

Hope that helps.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

btt to hope this helps those who are having trouble.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
pollywolly

Post by pollywolly »

Hi

Is there any advantages to having 3 reg marks as opposed to just 2 ?

And also what does the curve resolution do and what advantage is there to having at high instead of normal.

Just curious as I didn't know you could do either of those things and like to know how things work before I change anything lol

papasue

Post by papasue »

Polly, 3 reg marks gives you a more accurate P2C. This video from svgcuts may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-OLSrFf8mc

As to the curve resolution should make your curve lines smoother. I think if you play with the numbers a bit you will see the difference.

I hope this helps.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
pollywolly

Post by pollywolly »

Thank you papasue