eclips not cutting anymore

Isère

eclips not cutting anymore

Post by Isère »

Hello,

I've been having the eclips machine for about a year. No problem until now. I am currently doing a project with some svg files and eCal (christmas houses). Last few weeks, I was able to cut my files correctly. Yestearday, when I tried to cut the same files as last week, the blade holder was moving as it was cutting but at the end, no cut at all. I looked at the blade while it was supposed to be cutting: it doesn't touch the paper anymore. Therefore, I have the moves of the blade (and the noise!) but no cutting. At the same time, I now have troubleshooting with the eCal software (it freezes.. wihch never happened before too!). So, now I have to close and open the Software a few times before I can try cutting something (and it doesn't cut anymore). As I wondered if the no-cutting problem was due to the machine, I tried with my pen holder. It is drawing until the pen holder freezes (eCal freezes at the same time too). I tried and tried... no result at all: eCal is freezing (from time to time) and no cutting at all anymore. I don't know what to do (and I have 5 more houses to make before my kid's christmas party next week...). Does anyone have any idea what can be the problem? (I saw the post on the freezing issue and I changed my preference: windows XP... Nothing new on my computer so the problem cannot be a conflict with another program...) thanks all for your help (and sorry for my English grammar but I'm a French-speaker)
papasue

Re: eclips not cutting anymore

Post by papasue »

Unfortunately this is fairly common. I had mine for a year before it happened to me.

See this post.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=29237&p=112446&hil ... ut#p112446

You will need to contact Sizzix directly and they will replace it most likely as they have been very good and supportive.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Isère

Post by Isère »

Thank you very much for your reply. I am contacting Sizzix.
Freewash

Post by Freewash »

I've had my eclips2 for about 6 weeks. This is my second that they have had to send me. The first would not cut a circle. I suspect it was software or the blade holder. The second machine worked fine for about one week and now the company has sent me a new blade holder. The problem this time is the blade barely comes out the bottom. The blade is not even touching the paper. I'm shocked at the quality control issues this company has. I just got the new (design) blade holder and it's worse than the original. At least the original let the blade touch the paper....even though the blade could not remain in one place. Shocking lack of quality control from this company. The president of the company needs to be fired!