Personal Cricut and SCAL

cydnew

Re: Personal Cricut and SCAL

Post by cydnew »

Try going into your Preferences for SCAL and hitting the Reset to Default button and then restarting your computer.
tezi777

Post by tezi777 »

Nope that didnt help either. I must have spent atleast 5 hours trying to get it to work. I tried new USB cables, using old drivers, different computers, different compatibility modes, etc
It worked very well the last time i used it 2 years ago. after that I tried to use it again a couple of months ago and this is the problem I got. Please anyone help???
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Did you update the Cricut firmware? If so then I think you might be out of luck. If you didn't update the firmware, what other changes have been made to your computer? Also, what version of SCAL2 are you using?
Teomo Tomek

Post by Teomo Tomek »

For me, I found that SCAL 2 got stuck when using a 64-bit installation of Windows, but worked great on the 32-bit installation of Windows. After pulling my hair out, I figured this out on a computer with dual-boot OS, and then ultimately fixed it by running a 32-bit VirtualBox Windows 7 machine for my SCAL 2 on my base 64-bit Windows 10. Could this be a problem for you? Type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list to see 32-bit or 64-bit status.