Laser not working correctly

cbrimas

Laser not working correctly

Post by cbrimas »

Hi! I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. The laser is only working on the left half of the cutting mat. Any ideas why? I tried to recalibrate the laser and that didn't work.
papasue

Re: Laser not working correctly

Post by papasue »

Hi, did you do a print/preview of your design? I found in the beginning that if I hadn't set the page size and orientation correctly and half of my design was off the material or mat and it showed up in the print/preview.

This might not be THE answer but it is something to check. I used the file/print in ecal not the preview on the main screen but I don't know if it matters.

Let us know what you finally come up with.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
cbrimas

Post by cbrimas »

Thanks for your suggestion Susan but it didn't work. Also, I meant to say that the laser works on the right side of the mat. I found a temporary fix for print2cut but printing my image on the far right side. But when I went to cut it, the blade wouldn't go down so now it's not cutting!! I've had my machine for about a month and used it almost every weekend but I don't think enough to wear out the laser light and the blade was still making good cuts. So frustrated b/c I love this machine!!
papasue

Post by papasue »

If the blade is not touching the paper then you have a defective part, I just got a replacement from Sizzix this morning for the same thing.

Call Sizzix....you will have to go through some hoops with them, including sending them a video of the cutting action but then they work very fast in getting you an RMA for the return.

Good Luck
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Jfish

Post by Jfish »

Hi to everyone,
I have just joined the forum as I am frustrated with my Eclips machine. Quite a few people seem to have had the problem with the blade suddenly stopping decending onto the mat and therefore no longer cutting properly. I have had this happen to me along with the laser deciding to stop working. I have had this problem twice now. The shop I bought my machine from has been very helpful but I would like to know if this is a serious recurring fault in the machine itself? My original machine had a serial number larger than my replacement machines'. I am seriously wondering if I really want a replacement, although I have several spare mats, blades, some cartridges and the software. When it works (as it was last weekend) it is brilliant!
Hope this doesn't seem like a rant, I am just trying to do some research.
Many thanks for reading!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

There have been some members post of similar issues...you can find them using key words in our 'search' on the upper right, or by having a look in the 'Board index'(upper left)for the ecal/eclips topics. Everyone quite unanimously agrees that Sizzix has great customer service and it can't hurt to contact them directly, perhaps, about the problems that you are experiencing.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Jfish

Post by Jfish »

Thanks, I have already done this but as I am not in the States and my experience of last time tells me that the company I bought the machine from are the ones who deal with returns. They have already been in touch which is very good, Sizzix here will not be in touch before next Tuesday I should think.
My replacement machine only lasted 3 months though! At least the first one went wrong 11 months down the line or I'd have been up the creek so to speak.
Traceyt

Post by Traceyt »

Hi Jfish, I have had the exactly same thing, my first machine lasted 3 months and the replacement machine has only lasted 3 months. It started to play up a week ago Saturday, I contacted Sizzix UK on the Monday and told them that it was only scoring the paper and not actually cutting it, they said they would collect it for testing, which they did. I called them on Wednesday to see what they had found and they said it was working perfectly, they said they thought when I changed the blade I had not dropped the housing down far enough, I said I didn't think this was the problem as I only changed the blade to try and troubleshoot the problem but they said they were sending the machine back to me. When I received it back and tried to test it the laser had actually stopped working so I telephoned Sizzix again they said this must of happened in transit so they would collect the machine again and give me a replacement.....it is now on it's way back to them again!

I, like you, am starting to wonder if I want to keep getting replacement machines, I absolutely love it when it is working but when you are in the middle of a project and you are without a machine for days it is so infuriating, I have now actually started to look around to see what other cutters are available in the UK.
Jfish

Post by Jfish »

Thank you Traceyt, I felt sure I couldn't be the only one with these problems. This forum seems to have several people with similar issues but in the States.
My machine was collected yesterday. So I will see what they suggest this time.
I was looking at a Cameo as a possible alternative, then at least the SVG's I've bought would be compatible. Other machines that sound good are just too expensive and I can't justify that expense as I don't have time to make things to sell to recoup the outlay.
Please stay in touch and let me know what happens?