Sizzix stopped cutting!

sewinspired

Sizzix stopped cutting!

Post by sewinspired »

I purchased my eclips machine not too long ago (like 4 months ago) and it has worked fine up until now. Now it won't cut. The blade cartridge does not go down when it is supposed to. I tried calibrating it on the remote and it won't even cut the x to calibrate it. It's so frustrating because I wanted to make a father's day card with it. :(
gj1

Re: Sizzix stopped cutting!

Post by gj1 »

Have you continued to cut a lot of cork and foam? I don't have this machine...but from what I have read it sounds like it has some really sensitive sensors. I would wipe the senor with a dry q-tip, as mentioned by Sandy a number of times...don't use anything wet on the machine, at all. But, maybe hold your vacuum nozzles sort of close and suck the dust out(I don't know if sizzix recommends this...but I do it to my sewing machine often). Then, make sure the blade is clean...and screwed in right...maybe there is a sensor by the blade too...not sure. Try the unplug from wall, and wait 10 minutes and plug everything back in, turn on the computer and then the eclips to see if it is recognized....

You have probably done all of that...just mentioning again. Last is an email to support.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I would also make sure there are not any debris pieces where the mat runs through the machine. If you have air in a can type spray or anything else that does not spray chemical, clean it out good.

Also, take your blade holder out and make sure there are not pieces stuck where the blade is. The blade is magnetic so eject it out and make sure it is clean of pieces of paper, then put blade back in.
Sandy in PA
sewinspired

Post by sewinspired »

I sent a video to sizzix and they said the inner sensors are bad, so they had me send it back and they sent me a new one.