Print and Cut success on eclips

ruthie67

Print and Cut success on eclips

Post by ruthie67 »

Hiya, just thought I would post up my experience of trying to print and cut from the eclips! :D

I tried print and cut yesterday, having calibrated the laser etc and my cut was off by about 1/8" - showing white card to the left of the image. Oh well, must be tired methinks. :roll: So, I got a few images ready to pnc this morning (bearing in mind I only got the machine yesterday after work). This morning, I come down, line up lasers etc and its off by the same amount....hmmmmm, getting a bit grumpy :cry: but remembering that I just need patience. I go back into setup via the handheld and recalibrate the laser - just to be sure (it was late last night) - still off by the same amount on the same side! :evil:

Clever me....ha ha ha...thinks, right gonna get you....and recalibrates laser to take into account the amount that its off :geek: (I mean, this way I know whats going wrong, yes?)....STILL off!!!! GRARRRRR! :twisted: Wait for it .... happy ending coming! :lol:

I then thought I would change the number of registration marks from 3 back to 2 (you know Leo's video says to use 3?) but in the ecal instructions it explains the difference between 3 and 2 (which I kinda ignored, but at least did remember vaguely enough to go and change em! lol)...while I was there, I saw that you can calibrate the laser from within the software...so I did - and it showed that my laser was out by a bit. Then I did PNC - oh my word....perfect! I mean, not just NEARLY....but absolutely PERFECT! :D :D :D

Obviously, there is some sort of mismatch somewhere, but I really dont care at all ;) ....I mean, this baby can cut....it is absolutely brilliant! :D

I just thought I would post it up in case anyone is having similar issues....still not sure if it was changing it from 3 back to 2 or the recalibration within the software, but hey, if it works it works! 8-)

I just need to find someway of making room up on the lizard vivarium next to the ecraft for it! Oh, and try and work out how to stop my cat from lying on the cutting mat....seriously!!!! :roll:
Rx
alliellis

Re: Print and Cut success on eclips

Post by alliellis »

The eclips is really good isn't it. My print and cut worked perfectly first time following Leo's instructions but it's nice to know what to do if you have problems. Thanks for your post.
Allison

SCAL 2.012, INKSCAPE, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, WINDOWS 7. Sizzix eclips, ECAL

http://www.craftoutloud.co.uk
craftsbyalli.blogspot.com
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I've been having the same problem with it being off a bit. I don't remember where I calibrated from, so I'm going to try it again from inside the program. Thanks for the tip! Looking forward to see if I can be happy with the print and cut!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Ruthie....your joy really comes through in your post. Glad you are so happy with your machine.
Sandy in PA
jynclr

Post by jynclr »

ruthie67,

I just ordered my eClips today. Your post is making me that much more anxious. LOL :lol:
Sizzix eClips
eCal v1.002
Windows 7
ruthie67

Post by ruthie67 »

Sandy, its fab..am loving it! So much fun, especially now I have got to grips with pnc. Now, just need a few more hours in the day! lol

Mitsim - Not everyone has issues with pnc - just thought I would post up in case someone has the same puzzle as me. I am sure you will love it hun....time to start stalking the postman! x

Rx
kithsly

Post by kithsly »

I'm so excited!! I kept having the same problem (except for weeks now lol). I am so glad I found this answer. It's working like a charm now. Thank you so so much! :)
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I was having the same problem, but I'll try going back to two registration marks and recalibrating. Thought I calibrated from with the software. I would so love to get this as perfect as you mention, as there are so many things I can't wait to use p2c for. Thanks for the inspiration to make it work right!
jax3cats

Post by jax3cats »

I have ONLY been calibrating the laser from within the software, even going so far as to rub a colored pencil over the cut X so I can see the lines and putting a tiny black dot in the center to make sure it is dead on. Then, I am meticulous about making sure the 3 registration marks are perfectly aligned. And yet, my cuts are always off by at least 1/8 of an inch (high and to the right). Sometimes, even after following all the steps I mentioned above, my machine starts cutting 1 1/2 INCHES to the left of my images!

I have tried at least a dozen times today to do a decent P2C, making adjustments to my file as well as my machine, but no luck. I have contacted Sizzix to advise them of the problem since my machine is still under warranty.

Based on the problems I've been having with eCal and the P2C, I'm really starting to wish I would have bought a Cameo instead of the eClips.