SCAL Craft Challenge

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
craftedge
Site Admin

SCAL Craft Challenge

Post by craftedge »

We will be hosting crafting challenges to make projects (scrapbook layouts, cards, cake designs, etc.) using SCAL.
For each submission you make, you will be eligible for the random drawing to win prizes including gift card and scrapbook supplies.

Winners will also be featured on the gallery page with an option to link back to your website/blog

Please visit
http://www.surecutsalot.com/challenge for more details

The current challenge theme is Valentine's Day
http://www.surecutsalot.com/challenge/2011/01/15/
gj1

Re: SCAL Craft Challenge

Post by gj1 »

Is there a new website homepage etc for surecutsalot? And, is there a link to the "gallery page" that they speak of in this challenge? Is it Facebook?
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

This is pretty exciting.
Todd
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Sounds like fun but is it okay to use a cut that someone else designed and posted on the site? Many of us do not use Inkscape. I wouldn't want anyone to get upset if someone won using a design of theirs.
Jan
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

jrichards wrote:Sounds like fun but is it okay to use a cut that someone else designed and posted on the site? Many of us do not use Inkscape. I wouldn't want anyone to get upset if someone won using a design of theirs.
Jan

You might want to get permission from the original designer.

You have my permission to use any of my artwork that I have posted on this BB.
Todd
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Thanks Todd, I appreciate that but I think we need to set some kind of guideline. I have files here that are over two years old and I have no idea who designed them. They may not be on the forum anymore. I guess if we get a consensus that should work. What do the rest of you think?
Jan
gj1

Post by gj1 »

gj1 wrote:Is there a new website homepage etc for surecutsalot? And, is there a link to the "gallery page" that they speak of in this challenge? Is it Facebook?
Anyone know? I type in craftedge.com to get to the forum and the homepage looks one way...and for this challenge it looks totally different.

Anyone know about the gallery they speak of?

I agree with Todd that the artists permission should be received, as there could be problems otherwise.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

So are we saying that if you do not know the creator or can not reach them you can not use the file? If I purchased the file is it okay to use? Sometimes I get freebies from Google searches etc and have no way of finding my way back to the designer. I guess to be fair it should be original work only or work by a designer who gives their permission to use it.
Jan
gj1

Post by gj1 »

http://www.surecutsalot.com/challenge/c ... elines.php

Here are the rules.

Game ON...I finished my submission...just waiting for my camera to recharge so I can upload photo. "MY FIRST PAPER CRAFTING COMPETITION". I am excited :)

ALSO, PLEASE would someone mention why the link above leads to a different website than I am use to seeing...?????????
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

It is the same website just another page there it looks like they gave it a face lift
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/