Sure Cuts A Lot 2.011 Update Released

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.011 Update Released

Post by HeatherM »

It wouldn't work for me at first either, so I used the node tool (SCAL calls it the shape tool) and clicked on the shape to show the nodes, then when I went back to the text tool it worked. HTH
mmiissyy

Post by mmiissyy »

Hello new here and I am wondering my firmware version is 2.34 does this firmware work for SCAL or was something updated on my machine that wont work? I have Design studio and My niece updated my firmware to work with her gypsy will scal work for me if I purchase it or not? Thanks for anyone who can anwser me

Melissa
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

mmiissyy wrote:Hello new here and I am wondering my firmware version is 2.34 does this firmware work for SCAL or was something updated on my machine that wont work? I have Design studio and My niece updated my firmware to work with her gypsy will scal work for me if I purchase it or not? Thanks for anyone who can anwser me

Melissa
Here is a url that will answer your questions. It is down close to the bottom of the page for the system requirement to use SCAL

Grammy
http://www.craftedge.com/products/products.html
mmiissyy

Post by mmiissyy »

Thanks Granny

I see that but it says v2.3 and mine is 2.34 that is why I am concerned. I am downloading the trial tonight and doing inkscape right now so I guess I will give it a trial run :) I am sooooo excited about this
Thanks again
Melissa
mmiissyy

Post by mmiissyy »

Wow I just gave it a whirl I am soooo excited thanks again Granny :mrgreen:
ahlitz

Post by ahlitz »

This probably does not belong in this post, however I have not been able to find the
answer to my problem or a post that addresses it, so here goes. I bought the SCAL software this weekend and have been trying to get it to work with my laptop. My Cricut Expression and my Personal Cricut both have different versions of firmware that are required. I tried to download the update from the Design Studio as was recommended on
one site, however after several attempts on both, it still does not update either of my
machines. Since it is working on neither, I am assuming I am doing something wrong. Can
ANYONE help me?? I am so frustrated at this point!
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Note:   After your computer sees the Cricut successfully, and when you get to step 2 of the firmware update process (the steps page comes up when you click on Update Cricut Firmware), be sure that your Cricut is put into Firmware Update mode correctly.  When you press and hold down Stop, and then press Power, you need to keep the Stop button down till the Cricut beeps at you.  This usually takes about 5 or 6 seconds.  This is how you know your Cricut is ready to receive new firmware.  If the Cricut didn’t beep, it’s not in Firmware Update mode.

Note:   Updating Cricut firmware can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, maybe even a bit longer (time for another sandwich).  If your firmware update takes a significantly shorter time than 5 minutes, your Cricut isn’t getting the proper update.  The process needs to be started again from the beginning.
Todd
Daisy
Location: Tucson,AZ SCAL 1 & 2, Vista Ultimate 64 bit, INK 0.46

Post by Daisy »

Hi,

The download page says version 2.013 is available, however, when I go to download it says version 2.012 (which I have).

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks,
Lynda
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

There is no 2.012 any longer.. They took it down.. current version is 2.012
Daisy
Location: Tucson,AZ SCAL 1 & 2, Vista Ultimate 64 bit, INK 0.46

Post by Daisy »

What? I do not understand your answer.

Lynda