Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
mommyto3bugs

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Post by mommyto3bugs »

GirlfromOz wrote:Well, I paid $39 (approx) Australian for this UPGRADE and I think it is worth every cent.

SCAL2 rocks!
I feel lucky then... that $30 only cost me Euro 21... but even at 30 Euros ($42) I'd still be happy!!
Sarah St. - The Netherlands
SCAL 1 and 2 user

Post by bamomma »

Does anyone know if the $30 upgrade for those of us who already have SCAL is for a limited time or can we upgrade at any time for that price? I think I would like to wait for a while until all the bugs are worked out before I upgrade.
vtbringas

Post by vtbringas »

I wish I waited to upgrade because I can install it to my computer but NOW I can't even open it to activate it. Does anyone here know how to fix this problem? This is the message I'm getting "Error Signatue....AppName: sure cuts a lot 2.exe AppVer: 2.0.0.0 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 6e6f6973"

Thank you,
Val Bringas
Johane

Post by Johane »

Thank you, Todd, for the great upgrade.

I just ordered and can't wait to try.

Thanks also for the reduced rate of $30. I appreciate your hard work that went into this.

Regards,
Jo
dimahi

Re: Surecutsalot 2 individual letters

Post by dimahi »

Go to edit and ungroup and you can then choose individual letters to move and manipulate...it took me a bit to figure it out. I am so excited about this new SCAL...thank you Todd...I have a few more wishes..but I'm satisfied for now :)
Beckie

Post by Beckie »

I just bought this program in May and now I have to spend more money for the upgrade? that really does hurt. I was working when I bought SCAL and love it but My life has changed and no longer work..I was hoping to make this work for me as to making special things for people. I really feeling like it is unfair to us that have bought this and now there is a change wish I had know then to wait for it.
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

People, I think we all need to remember that SCAL1 is still working perfectly fine and will continue to do so. We do not HAVE to upgrade to SCAL2 - it just has some new features that are nice to have.
It is just like buying a car and then the manufacturers bring out a newer model which has air conditioning that the older model car that you have does not have. You don't HAVE to go and buy the new model car - your old model one is still working just a well except you have to wind down the windows instead of having the new air con.
Not having SCAL2 is not going to make crafting any more difficult, if you want SCAL2 then save the money up and buy it when you can afford to. By then the issues and bugs those who currently have SCAL2 have found might be ironed out and you get a better version of SCAL2 than what is on sale at present.
JMHO
Raewyn
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

I totally agree with my friend across the ditch <grin>
I am treated SCAL2 as new software and trying not to compare :-)
kkrewtea

Post by kkrewtea »

I bought photoshop elements 5 a couple of years ago. 2 months later they came out with photoshop 6. Did they offer the upgraded version to existing customers at a discount? NO! If we wanted the upgrade we had to pay FULL PRICE. They are now on photoshop 7 and have NEVER given a discount! I think Todd is AWESOME for offering this discount to his existing customers!!!

Shirl
mommyto3bugs

Post by mommyto3bugs »

Beckie wrote:I just bought this program in May and now I have to spend more money for the upgrade? that really does hurt. I was working when I bought SCAL and love it but My life has changed and no longer work..I was hoping to make this work for me as to making special things for people. I really feeling like it is unfair to us that have bought this and now there is a change wish I had know then to wait for it.
Had you waited, you'd have a new program (and only one program) that still has some bugs to work out. Instead, you have a fully functional, AWESOME program that you can use RIGHT NOW and in the meantime you can save up for the upgrade. And if you do upgrade you will STILL have that 1st program.

When you upgrade it leaves SCAL 1 on your computer... you will TWO versions of the program. So in my mind, I upgraded and for $30 I got a 2nd program... other people now spend $75, only get one program and have no option to buy the 1st one anymore. And they don't have any option to use any other program while these bugs are being fixed!! Once these initial bugs are out of the program and it's working up to its full potential I'll have 2 great programs... I'm glad I didn't wait to buy anything!!
Sarah St. - The Netherlands
SCAL 1 and 2 user