Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
JustMad

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Post by JustMad »

jagarden wrote:I consider this an inexpensive software for what it gives us and even with the $30 upgrade, it's still an inexpensive software. I purchased SCAL on June 21 and I was more than willing to pay the upgrade to get all those new features and I'm sure updates in the future.
That is why we are entitled to our own opinions... Sure $30 is not much; however, if you knew the new version was coming out July 22nd and it was not an update but a $30 upgrade would you not have just waited before you made the purchase... I for one would have... Its just bad business
NurseMel

Post by NurseMel »

JustMad wrote:
NurseMel wrote:No offence to anyone...but for those that are saying it's not fair offering a limited time on the $30 increase because of the bugs...think about this...Todd will now do updates for SCAL 2 just like he did for SCAL 1 to work out the bugs. SCAL 1 ended up going to version 1.016 that is 15 updates people!! The bugs will be worked out, so if you want the upgrade, buy it now and just continue to use SCAL 1 until the bugs are ironed out and then go and update to the latest version...which will be free!!

Every company makes you pay for upGRADES!! Be fair about this, obviously a lot of work has gone into the Upgrading of SCAL to Version 2, and I for one am happy to pay for it. No other company offers you a discounted price, nor do they offer those who have recently bought it an upgrade for free..NONE of them do. And I can assure you that when PC bring out the UPGRADED version of CDS it will cost you more than the original version of CDS did also, with NO DISCOUNTS. Right now, they have just been updated the first version, exactly the same way that Todd has been updating SCAL 1 for us.

For now you still have a choice, SCAL 1 is a great program so if you don't want to pay for SCAL 2 then you can continue using SCAL 1. If you want more, then you pay for it!! SCAL 2 does so much more and is more than worth the $30 for the upgrade.

Please think about what you say here, not sure if Todd reads this, but heck, not all of us want him to think that we are ungrateful for his hard work.

THANKS TODD!!!!
Really???? Most companies offer discounted upgrade prices.. Its not the $30, its the length of time June 22nd is pathetic for a software companies... When there are major upgrades most companies announce them way in advanced and give a release date. Anyone who purchased this in the last 90 days would have just waited and purchased 2.0... Craftedge made the wrong choice, that speak levels of the type of company they are..
Curious though...just which companies offer discounted upgrades??? I for one have NEVER seen this before!!! The bottom line is, if you feel that SCAL 2 isn't worth $30, no one is twisting your arm to purchase it! It's your choice. You chose to purchase SCAL 1 and that is what you paid for. Now if you want a different version you pay for it, if you don't want it, don't pay for it...end of story.

Find it kind of ironic though that you are hiding behind a new user name to have your say in this though!
JustMad

Post by JustMad »

NurseMel wrote:
Curious though...just which companies offer discounted upgrades??? I for one have NEVER seen this before!!! The bottom line is, if you feel that SCAL 2 isn't worth $30, no one is twisting your arm to purchase it! It's your choice. You chose to purchase SCAL 1 and that is what you paid for. Now if you want a different version you pay for it, if you don't want it, don't pay for it...end of story.

Find it kind of ironic though that you are hiding behind a new user name to have your say in this though!
I guess you have never purchased anything from Microsoft or Adobe or any major software vendor... They always have the upgrade options.....

Microsoft even deep discounted Windows 7 Upgrade.... Microsoft has provided notices way in advanced of when they expect the release.

I would not have chosen to buy version 1 if Craftedge was honest about the version 2 release date and the cost of the upgrade. Most people would have waited. I bought June 20th and would have waited.. Of course the new version is buggy..

I am not hidding behind anything... I never registered for this forum before, I never had reason until now...
MyCrafts

Post by MyCrafts »

I just saw the download is up for 2.002 if anyone wants it, wahoooooooo
craftydiva

Post by craftydiva »

2.002 has sorted out an awful lot of the problems for me : )
just the shadow and blackout to go... lol
still, its worth hanging on for
Cheers Todd : )
Hugs
Karen
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

YES!!! The check mark is back again to show which size mat you checked off under the cutter file.. ROFLMAO>..
mastermom
Location: LAFAYETTE,LA SCAL1,SCAL2 ,SCAL 3 Windows 7 64 BIT,INKSCAPE.47,cricut personal.cricut expression

Post by mastermom »

would someone please post a link to the 2.002 version.
i went to craftedge.com and downloaded it but still shows 2.001.
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

Mastermom

http://www.craftedge.com/download/download.html

Scroll down to half way where it says the different versions - the XP/Vista shows as 2.002 then click on the download to the right of the version number.
Mine went through fine and shows as 2.002 version.
mastermom
Location: LAFAYETTE,LA SCAL1,SCAL2 ,SCAL 3 Windows 7 64 BIT,INKSCAPE.47,cricut personal.cricut expression

Post by mastermom »

thanks had to delete first one and reinstall.worked like a charm
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

I would like to buy the upgrade now that the bugs are getting worked out. I didn't save my serial number. Is there any way to find it in the program files?